PDA

View Full Version : Anybody rdu area upgrade stock nb seats?

Drzed
08-31-2014, 02:49 PM
I've driven down from Toronto and this is the first long trip in my NB. I recognize I need a lot more support from a seat than my stock ones. I have a small lumbar pad but have seen a few options from msm or srt4 to aftermarket. Anybody in rdu area with these installed I can check out? Many thanks!

tsingson
08-31-2014, 07:48 PM
The only thing I have done is a foamectomy from the bottom. I removed that hump on the bottom so the top portion didn't deform the seat.

JLBMX5
08-31-2014, 09:09 PM
I have an na. I dont know if there is a big seat difference from na to nb but I did a foamectomy because im 6'2 and look like a giant in my car. I like the way it feels. My brother has stock na seats in his car no foamectomy and driving his car feels like im in sone kind of a big truckers seat now lol. I just purchased two kirkeys to go into my miata so in a week if eeveryhing comes in the mail I will get to see how they are in a miata.

Pfunk
08-31-2014, 09:46 PM
If you can find someone with Mazdaspeed Type F seats you really need to give them a spin. Since they also fit in the RX series, you might want to try posting on local rotary forums.

Crossusn
09-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I did a foamectomy to the bottom and also to the top right behind my shoulder blades but left all the lumbar support and my back is feeling much better. James, I need to sit in those when you get them so hit me up, Im mostly likely going that route too. I got the roll bar and I dont want it in for long without seats as my head is in jeopardy.

JLBMX5
09-04-2014, 01:50 PM
I did a foamectomy to the bottom and also to the top right behind my shoulder blades but left all the lumbar support and my back is feeling much better. James, I need to sit in those when you get them so hit me up, Im mostly likely going that route too. I got the roll bar and I dont want it in for long without seats as my head is in jeopardy.
Well according to all my tracking info I will get a fed ex box today. It will have both seat covers. Tomorrow I will get a ups box that will have both my seat mounts. So as long as all goes to plan I am installing both seats this weekend. Also my new throttle body came in the mail today so if I get the gasket in the mail tomorrow im going to tackle that project as well.

Crossusn
09-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Why a new TB?

JLBMX5
09-04-2014, 02:31 PM
My car has been idling funny. And with 210,000 miles it has never been cleaned. It comes with all the sensors and I was afraid if I was to start taking mine apart to clean I would never get it back together so im calling it 90.00 piece of mind. The new one is all cleaned up by the seller. Comes with a warranty and will be hassle free to install.