PDA

View Full Version : You get what you pay for

Mindsucker
09-04-2014, 03:14 AM
Seeing that this new (to me anyway) rip off company Japan Racing are beeing more and more popular here in europe i just wanted to share this pic so you might think twice before you pull the trigger on these cheap copies.

This girl was driving at about 60 mph on the highway when she felt how the front of the car was shaking so she pulled over and noticed this
http://i.imgur.com/PlHOu4U.jpg

This kind of thing should NEVER happen but i guess there is a reason why you could get a whole set of wheels for the same price as one sometimes.

Personally i wouldnt even use these wheels for winter storage and i really hope you will think twice when you want to cheap out after seeing something like this.

KAL
09-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Wow, that is a clean snap!

atank
09-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Just glad she wasn't in a hard turn in the Swiss Alps or any other Mt. Top, track, etc.......:shocked:

vote4pedro
09-04-2014, 10:50 AM
that is disturbing. glad there were no injuries.

BlitzWing
09-04-2014, 10:55 AM
what I find interesting is that the wheel is scuff free meaning this had to have been a fault with the metallurgy.

Golden Stallion
09-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I feel the same way about the avid.1 and all of those ebay brands. Rota and xxr are at least tested and don't break under normal driving. It is amazing that so many people cheap out on such and important part of the car

radmachine
03-11-2015, 12:34 PM
I'm with you. I will say I tracked/daily drove a set of rotas for a couple years with no problems, not even a bend in a wheel. I feel like a lot of it comes down to the design of the wheel when it comes to strength. When it comes down to it tho I wouldn't trust most chinese made wheels. I'm glad I'm running the Enkeis now.

Phatmiata
03-11-2015, 12:56 PM
that's gansta !!! :teehee:

brontosaurus
03-11-2015, 10:01 PM
If you can't afford a set of wheels you shouldn't even be modifying a car. Happy to see these Comp reps are garbage.

HELLIONMX5
10-07-2015, 03:53 PM
running on konigs for about 5 years now. many many miles, trips to dragon, spirited driving, NOLA pot holes, etc. holding up real strong.

this thread will lead into an argument about real wheels vs reps....

BoBo
10-07-2015, 04:57 PM
That picture looks depressing.That's a "snowball effect" waiting to happen. It's good that no one got hurt, that's a lesson learned. It could be worse, I almost bought a red Supra TT a few years back. As I was test driving it, the rear wheel came off on the freeway. Long story short I found out that the owner bought Chinese wheel studs for a replacement. I was happy to be able to maneuver the car to the turn out. I ended up buying a 300zxTT. It was an automatic, but at least everything was OEM.