PDA

View Full Version : flip light loose!

alexlula
12-20-2014, 01:02 AM
the left side flip light is loose and it looks like its the link between the motor and the flip light that is loose in the elbow :o what should i do, when i drive around the flip light housing jumps around :O

kung fu jesus
12-20-2014, 09:45 AM
On the headlight mech, there is a flat metal arm with a two plastic cups pressed into it. Either the cups popped out of the arm or (more likely) one of the cups broke. The cups pop onto a ball receiver at either end so the arm pivots cleanly.

I remember I bought my replacements at Miata Roadster, but this was a few years ago.

These arms can be popped off with a flathead screwdriver, the old broken caps can be popped out of the arm, new ones popped back in. The plastic caps are $3-4 each.

Part number: KA01-51-SD6

lowandrusty
12-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Also, there is an adjustable bump stop that is accessed by removing the headlight lid. I think a lot of people forget about that! I found one side on my Miata wasn't tight against the stop causing my light to wiggle over bumps and generally annoy the people in front of me at night. It was an easy adjustment and fixed the problem.

alexlula
12-21-2014, 11:32 PM
yeah i noticed the bump stop adjustment, tried to re adjust it but like kung fu jesus said i saw that one of the cap on the arm is boken
but thanks for the info guys, very helpfull