PDA

View Full Version : MadaboutMX5s Nakamae interior is almost done (seats fitted!)

Madaboutmx5s
12-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Well it is cold here near London, England but unlike Northern England we have had no snow following Christmas so today was the first day I have had to myself where I had some spare time. As such I got the Nakamae seats fitted in the Pitcrew Roadster which turned up on Christmas Eve (shown on the web link below).

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?10877-Dear-Santa-can-you-bring-me-some-Nakamae-seats-for-Christmas

Anyhow as usual not the best photos from me but I am very happy with the seats and really means for me the interior for the Pitcrew is now almost complete bar a few interior detailing parts to help complete the look.

Here are some photos:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/P1010177_zpsd3f80cd2.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/P1010172_zps2ae0620c.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/P1010171_zps0081defb.jpg

Hyper
12-27-2014, 04:21 PM
1. Door panels - Perfect

2. Dash panel - Perfect

3. Seats - Perfect

4. I would like you to upgrade to the red diamond stiched nakamae interior parts to match the seats better and get rid of the wood steering wheel for something with more brushed aluminum. The car will look even more cool than what it is now. No love for RS Product parts or AWD?

Madaboutmx5s
12-27-2014, 05:34 PM
1. Door panels - Perfect

2. Dash panel - Perfect

3. Seats - Perfect

4. I would like you to upgrade to the red diamond stitched nakamae interior parts to match the seats better and get rid of the wood steering wheel for something with more brushed aluminum. The car will look even more cool than what it is now. No love for RS Product parts or AWD?

Thanks for the feedback as always appreciate your input and suggestions. Right now the interior spec is:

S Limited' Red Interior
KG Works Black Vintage Speedo Surround
Veilside 10k rpm clocks
Zoom Engineering Door Pulls
Zoom Engineering Door Pockets
Zoom Engineering Interior Mirror
Nardi Classico 60th Anniversary 360mm wheel
RS Factory alloy vent rings
Zeromotive alloy vent knobs
Joyfast gear knob
Nielex Polish alloy handbrake surround
Nakamae Type R bucket seats in Nakamae red.
Nakamae centre carpet console by Zoom Engineering
Trap Dashboard insert in Nakamae red leather
Nakamae dash/instrument surround
Nakamae hard top liner
Nakamae hand brake shift
52mm Smith Classic gauges
Freaky Roadster billet alloy indicator, wiper, headlight stalks
Nakamae interior alloy door pulls
Nakamae NA6 seat belt retainer covers
Carbonmiata Polished alloy door cups

I really like the Nardi 60th anniversary wheel as the horn push and style is a replica of the classical style wheels which suits the mood of the car. Parts I am thinking about when funds allow are the Rev limiter electric window switch if Adam does a version with a longer connection wire suitable for a Eunos roadster, possibly a Nakamae red leather ignition cowl surround, want if I could find it a wooden cigarette lighter carmate or similar. I've got the Nakamae hard top quilted liner in red so might make future changes but pretty happy how it is. On the RS Products and AWD parts wouldn't mind the RS Products heater venter knobs like I have in my silver car and a set of AWD gauges but again like the Veilside clocks as are 10krpm and never seen another set.

BlitzWing
12-27-2014, 06:35 PM
really love that console and dash.

roadsternut
12-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Parts I am thinking about when funds allow are the Rev limiter electric window switch if Adam does a version with a longer connection wire suitable for a Eunos roadster

I am currently wiring up a pair of Maplin toggle switches (£7 the pair http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/10a-toggle-switch-dpdt-momentary-on-off-on-n41kr), with a scrap early donor switch (£20), and a Wolf 1-touch power window kit; Moss was selling this £55 kit for £15 (Twickenham branch). My S-Limited has the push-pull later switch, so the wire on the switch is short; the earlier switches have a longer trailing lead, so you shouldn't need a "longer connection wire". In fact, you can directly hook up the Wolf kit to the toggle switches, and the connecting wire to the Wolf unit. Full 1-touch auto up/down will result in less wear on the switch.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/rpost77/Car%20Parts/Wolf_Elec_One_Touch_Window_Module_3_zps2f30a058.jp g (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/rpost77/media/Car%20Parts/Wolf_Elec_One_Touch_Window_Module_3_zps2f30a058.jp g.html)

marlonthegreat
12-28-2014, 02:37 AM
an interior you can definitely live in...nice work

Madaboutmx5s
12-28-2014, 05:44 AM
really love that console and dash.

Thanks mate. The dash was special order with Nakamae as handmade in the colour to suit the dash inset that was again special order with Trap and Nakamae for colour match.

I am currently wiring up a pair of Maplin toggle switches (£7 the pair http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/10a-toggle-switch-dpdt-momentary-on-off-on-n41kr), with a scrap early donor switch (£20), and a Wolf 1-touch power window kit; Moss was selling this £55 kit for £15 (Twickenham branch). My S-Limited has the push-pull later switch, so the wire on the switch is short; the earlier switches have a longer trailing lead, so you shouldn't need a "longer connection wire". In fact, you can directly hook up the Wolf kit to the toggle switches, and the connecting wire to the Wolf unit. Full 1-touch auto up/down will result in less wear on the switch.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/rpost77/Car%20Parts/Wolf_Elec_One_Touch_Window_Module_3_zps2f30a058.jp g (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/rpost77/media/Car%20Parts/Wolf_Elec_One_Touch_Window_Module_3_zps2f30a058.jp g.html)

Thanks mate. Hope you had a good Christmas. Will have to look into this.

an interior you can definitely live in...nice work

With the dahboard and the classic sterring wheel it does feel like a diffeent cabin to be in.

Hyper
12-28-2014, 12:30 PM
MadaboutMX5. All my suggestions are so your car becomes the most epic Pitcrew ever built. I love your Roadster regardless of what you have done to the car.

Willywongka
12-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Wowsers! I don't even think you need to do anything else, it looks amazing!

Everytime I see Nakamae bucket seats with vent grommets it makes me wish I got them on mine =(. I've been considering having a shop install some on mine, but I need to source a set of vent grommets that are just like the ones Nakamae uses.

Madaboutmx5s
12-28-2014, 01:36 PM
MadaboutMX5. All my suggestions are so your car becomes the most epic Pitcrew ever built. I love your Roadster regardless and what you have done to the car.

Thanks mate. I appreciate your feedback as you have been in the mx5 game a long time so know the market well, etc and hope to in 2015 try a few of the suggestions you have mentioned for this car and the silver car (logged in the memory). The Nakamae quilted parts is somehting I may try if funds allow as the carpet section could go in the R limited it have. However it will have to wait while I raise some spare wonga!

Madaboutmx5s
12-28-2014, 01:40 PM

Everytime I see Nakamae bucket seats with vent grommets it makes me wish I got them on mine =(. I've been considering having a shop install some on mine, but I need to source a set of vent grommets that are just like the ones Nakamae uses.

Thanks mate. I remember years ago you posted something about my car collection be like a crazy bunch of kids or something like that. I always regretted selling the red Pitcrew so howpfully Ive now restored the equilibrium though this build!

Reference the seats mate they are both cool. I had the type s in my old red Pitcrew and would be happy to have either. I went for the type R this time as Nakamae made them for me brand new so like a few of the other parts on this car wanted to try something different.

atank
12-28-2014, 02:02 PM
It does look very NICE!

Hyper
12-28-2014, 02:04 PM

Your car is also beautiful as it is. I wouldn't like grommets on your seats and interior. Would you sell the seats to me?

jnshk
12-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Stunning interior! The Nakamae really fit the style better than the RS Limited seats did too. I've been contemplating trying to acquire some Nakamae to replace my Lotus seat, but I'm not sure how comfortable I would find them. I've gotten a bit husky (38"-40" waist) over the years and I know that a lot of Japanese seats are meant for smaller bodies. They look pretty roomy, but I'd be interested to hear your impressions of them in regard to size/comfort.

Willywongka
12-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Your car is also beautiful as it is. I wouldn't like grommets on your seats and interior. Would you sell the seats to me?
Thanks Hyper. Yeah I've been tossing the idea of adding grommets or leaving it as it is... I dunno if I can find a trust worthy shop to do it anyhow without me losing sleep over it. And about selling them... hahaha, at this point I'm pretty much set on keeping them forever.

Stunning interior! The Nakamae really fit the style better than the RS Limited seats did too. I've been contemplating trying to acquire some Nakamae to replace my Lotus seat, but I'm not sure how comfortable I would find them. I've gotten a bit husky (38"-40" waist) over the years and I know that a lot of Japanese seats are meant for smaller bodies. They look pretty roomy, but I'd be interested to hear your impressions of them in regard to size/comfort.

In regards to fitment and comfort, I am about a size 31" and I would probably say that these seats would be pretty uncomfortable for you. When you get them brand new you are going to have to break them in, and let me tell you, it was a painful process. Once you finally break them in, they are great seats for about 2-3hr distances... but after that, they actually start to make your butt feel a little uncomfortable (maybe because I actually don't have one). I also felt that the seat lacked the amount of lower back (lumbar) support that I like, so I added a little bit of material to that area... which actually helped a bit but still wasn't perfect, maybe I'll revisit that modification again someday. I would also like to add that the seat does not perfectly sit you right in the middle of your steering wheel if that matters to you.

Those were just a few of the gripes that I had with my set of Nakamae seats. Aside from those few negative aspects, I really love the seats and in my opinion there really isn't any other retro inspired seats that will beat the look, workmanship, and feel of these seats for the Miata.

Grip Driver
12-28-2014, 08:32 PM
That interior http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2bx6n6HJS1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Madaboutmx5s
12-29-2014, 12:37 PM
It does look very NICE!

Thanks mate hope you had a good Christmas.

Thanks. Yeah I like the recaros but better suited to a track orientated roadster. Whilst the RS recaros are fine for a 38' waist the Nakamaes are probably a bit tight. I'm 6ft 2' and a 32' waist and have room but reckon if I was 36' waist it could be tight. Probably not helped by my height in that regard either.

That interior http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2bx6n6HJS1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

I Lol at that. Latest Muppets movie is on the movie channel premiere here at the moment too.