PDA

View Full Version : Best seat belt set up?

mx54life
01-21-2015, 09:20 PM
So I have a choice of using the old seat belt set up from the 93 LE donor or the 95 where the locking mechanism slides with the chair. Since I am using a 95 LE seat would it be beneficial to use the 95 seat belt lock or is it ok to use the older version. I see some fanatics of the older set up but I really can't see the benefit except that the new version has a wire connector. Thanks.

Phatmiata
01-21-2015, 09:28 PM
NA6 and NA8 are only interchangeable if you have the matching receivers.

Also if you plan to run an aftermarket steering wheel with no airbag you'll need to remove the ripstop that the US-Spec belts have or else you will eat the steering wheel in a fender bender.

mx54life
01-21-2015, 09:42 PM
NA6 and NA8 are only interchangeable if you have the matching receivers.

Also if you plan to run an aftermarket steering wheel with no airbag you'll need to remove the ripstop that the US-Spec belts have or else you will eat the steering wheel in a fender bender.

By receivers you mean where the belt locks to? If so I have both type, one that stays on that bolts on to the center channel and one that bolts and slides with the seat. Any safe issue there that you know? Is the NA8 better in terms of safety? I can see i gives more way if the seat needs to pushed forward.

Removing that rip stop(covered by a black cloth?) will lengthen the belt what do you then?

Phatmiata
01-21-2015, 10:17 PM
You need to read ALL of this thread BEFORE you install any aftermarket steering wheel that does not have an airbag.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?9430-DIY-Removing-Rip-Stop-from-OEM-Seat-Belt-on-a-NA-Mazda-Miata