PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify my White 95's origin?

mx54life
03-07-2015, 06:38 PM
So 2 years back I stumbled upon a clean titled 95 shell minus the interior, engine, tranny, drive train and some suspension components. Right away it made sense since I already had a salvaged miata that I bought for parts for my existing 94. Then the project began. Fast forward today as I am in the finishing stage of removing all the parts I could use from the donor, I decided to take all the wirings so I could extend the engine harness and do an engine bay clean up rewire.

To my surprise the 95's engine harness does not have air bag wirings over both driver and passenger sides. No signs that the harness has been modified. The front side of the chassis where the sensors are mounted are empty and the bolt holes still have paint in it which tells me that none have been place on those spots. Likewise the one on top of the front brace by the hood lock, the bolt holes are still painted and no sign of a sensor being placed.

This is a 95 as it was cleanly registered here in California and now registered under my name. The guy that I bought it from said that the car was not running when he got it and so he just parted it out. Also I ran a VIN check prior to buying it and result was clear. VIN matches on the dash, door, fender and engine bay rain guard. The car has no signs of any major accidents as far as the frame is concern confirmed by a bodyshop guy.

Would this be a JDM miata? But this an NA8 so it has to have an airbag on both sides right? Thanks.