PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get OEM front and rear bumper covers?

jnshk
01-18-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm kind of under the impression that it's going to be best to go with a local dealership (although it's a 1-hour drive to my nearest dealership, and even longer to the nearest dealership that doesn't totally suck) due to the large size of these items, but I'm curious as to whether there might be a better source for these parts. Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

joe morreale
01-19-2012, 11:34 AM
I've been looking all over the place with no luck for my 2001. You should be able to find a NA replacement, although not oem. Shipping may kill you though.

http://www.autobodypartsonline.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=20258&p_catid=1361&sid=77CBJv2xhMFz2Xf-10112351767.bd

Agent☣Orange
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
What are you looking for Joe?

chiefmg
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
I've seen some NB covers on eBay. You can probably find some for NAs as well. You can also try one of the recyclers, I've had personal (great) experience with both The Parts Group and Panic Motorsports.

jux
01-19-2012, 09:31 PM
So, I'm guessing used (but in good condition) isn't something you're open to at this time. Is that correct?

zenit
01-19-2012, 11:22 PM
It'd be worth dropping by local junkyards.

Who knows, maybe there's a perfectly good one that you could score for $40-80?

jnshk
01-20-2012, 12:18 AM
I have been considering used, but unless it's in fantastic condition and already painted chaste white, then I think I'd rather just go new at the moment. I might have to call up some of the local body shops and ask who/where they use when they aren't using salvage parts.

joe morreale
01-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Yellow, I was looking to see how much a replacement bumper skin would cost, versus repairing my damaged one.There is a crack where the bumper pinches into the fender and pitting all over. My body man says he can fix the old one without me noticing. I think when it comes time to repair I'll just fix what I got. He told me buy the paint and materials and as long as I do most of the prep he'll finish it. Probably about $200 I read a lot about aftermarket bumper skins. You have to drill all your own mounting holes. Sounds like a nightmare for me.