PDA

View Full Version : Raceland coilover

rajeev2liz
04-05-2015, 03:16 PM
OK after 2 months of research I finally decided to give the raceland a try. One of the reasons was price, shipping was quick, I went ahead and installed the rear haven't worked on the front as yet been driving it for the past week think the ride is a bit bumpy also I realized that when the shock is cold its really bouncy and rough but after it warms up its OK. Does any one have these same problems?

Justdrumin
04-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Wow! What a totally amazing, excellent discovery!

wannafbody
04-05-2015, 10:42 PM
The Racelands are overpriced generic cartridges in a shiny canister. Almost anything would be better.

Tkblazer
04-05-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm guessing you have the ride height set pretty low. Only way I would imagine to get a decent ride with those coilovers would be to raise the ride height up.

rajeev2liz
04-11-2015, 02:46 PM
It's pretty low

BlitzWing
04-11-2015, 02:51 PM
you should not have to worry about the temp of your shocks ever. Just sounds like the typical behavior of a cheap product.

BoBo
04-12-2015, 01:14 AM
I heard a lot of negative feedback about Raceland, but if money is the issue then Raceland is more than enough to get you by. If you are planning to keep the car for a while then I would atleast invest on some replacement shocks with factory springs. I never heard of Raceland coils being bouncy when cold but I'm not surprised. I knew a guy at the local meet that bought a set then after a week the RL coils started sagging on one side due to a blown shock. If your on a budget try Megan coils. It's not the best , but you will get better results. I believe Raceland has that 2 year warranty. You should send yours back for repairs or replacement.