PDA

View Full Version : foggy windows

Barrym
01-20-2012, 04:47 AM
I dont know why but my windows are always getting steamed up. Anybody else have this problem?
If so why does this happen? and
What do you do about it?
Barrym

The Driver
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Quit making out with your GF in the car. That should reduce the problem by 50%...

RyanxStorey
01-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Is it when the air is on?

Meow
01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Rain-X makes an anti-fog spray that i use for the rear window in the hardtop, never fogs up anymore.

RotorNutFD3S
01-20-2012, 08:35 AM
When my NA didn't have a/c, I'd have this problem when it rained. I started cleaning the windows with Meguiar's cleaner wax and never had the problem again, I still do it on my NB. I also do that on the outside, acts like rain-x on the glass, I rarely have to use my wipers.

If it's not raining and your windows are doing this, make sure your climate control is set to allow fresh air in rather than recirc. If all that's not the case, then you likely have some moisture stuck in the interior and I'm assuming it does this when you heat the interior. Check the common places for water: passenger side footwell (if the a/c drain is backed up, if you have a/c), rear parcel shelf under the carpeting (in case the side drains or rain rail are clogged), under the seats (likely if the side drains are clogged) etc.

psulja
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Both my cars always do this so i usually have to have the air going full blast, but what works best is just cracking the window slightly.

RetroModern
01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
check the back trunk carpet too. if theyre wet, you probably have a leak around your tail lights.

theothersawyer
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
The last two nights I was going to leave work and my windows were so foggy and I sat there for a good 5-10 minutes and they wouldn't unfog, so I said screw it and drove home. <2 mile drive.

revlimiter
01-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Newspaper.

Seriously. Get a few sheets of black-print newspaper. The less color print on the sheets the better, but some color won't hurt badly. A few sheets of the classifieds is good. Then get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray your inner windows with the water. And then wipe with the newspaper.

The sticky inner film on your windows will magically go away. They'll seem clearer and more transparent than you've ever experienced. And they'll fog up MUCH less at night. They'll still fog a bit in a rain storm, but it's much easier to clear by cracking a window or turning your defroster blower on low.

The bums have it right. Newspaper is THE shit for cleaning windows. I am not making this up.

atank
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Newspaper.

Seriously. Get a few sheets of black-print newspaper. The less color print on the sheets the better, but some color won't hurt badly. A few sheets of the classifieds is good. Then get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray your inner windows with the water. And then wipe with the newspaper.

The sticky inner film on your windows will magically go away. They'll seem clearer and more transparent than you've ever experienced. And they'll fog up MUCH less at night. They'll still fog a bit in a rain storm, but it's much easier to clear by cracking a window or turning your defroster blower on low.

The bums have it right. Newspaper is THE shit for cleaning windows. I am not making this up.

True True, its also what I use.........A+

psulja
01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow, never even thought to try that. Guess that'll be something I do today, we'll see how well it turns out.