PDA

View Full Version : NB: Steering wheel install questions

Demon I Am
04-25-2015, 09:12 PM
OK, so I followed Revlimiter's Daikei hub install for my 2000 Miata. Everything went swimmingly, minus the following 2 problems:

1: The Sparco horn has 2 connectors on the back, but the horn wiring only has one. When I connect the wiring harness (that came with the hub) to either of the button's connections, I get no horn sound. If that wire is connected to the tab on the hub ring adaptor, the horn sounds nonstop. Do I need to make a jumper wire to "complete the circuit", or am I going to have to find a 1-wire horn?

2: Once I took the car for a ride, I noticed that the wheel is not set up evenly. with the car rolling straight, the wheel is in the 11:30 position instead of 12:00, as it should be. How can this be adjusted? the steering column has 2 knobs that needed to be aligned with 2 slots in the hub. I figured that there should be no way to screw this up, but it is.

Please and thanks for maximum helping satisfractions.

RustRat
04-25-2015, 09:21 PM
I had the same problem as #2 so I am waiting for an answer, too. I think my first horn button had 2 connectors, too. I will check tomorrow and tell you what I did, as I remember my horn worked fine.

Demon I Am
04-27-2015, 10:39 AM
And so it comes to pass; I have stumped the board.

I did find out that the wheel can be adjusted during an alignment. Of course I didn't need an alignment until installing this wheel, so there's that.

tsingson
04-27-2015, 10:59 AM
I only needed to connect one wire on mine to get the horn to work. If I remember correctly, I thought the horn was only a ground?

Phatmiata
04-27-2015, 12:54 PM
the hub ring is a ground, although some have a tab for it you dont use it. Just use the horn button blade connector.

edit: just read your horn button has 2 blade connectors? :shock:

can you host a photo on imgur.com so we can see?