PDA

View Full Version : A solid and reliable location to get basic repair parts.

Jarrett
04-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Hi all!
I was finally getting to making a list of things I will be needing for basic repairs and refurbishing. My question to the collected wisdom would be, where do I purchase such parts. My searches for each part ends up at RockAuto.com.

Please keep in mind that i ask this mainly for consumables and simple stock part replacement.

I appreciate any and all help provided.

-Jarrett

Ryan94R
04-29-2015, 01:49 PM
What kind of consumables? Most of my stuff i buy from the dealer as there is no aftermarket fit as good as OEM. but you do pay a premium price though

freedomgli
04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
I use Arlington Mazda (formerly Finishline Performance) because they're good and local to me. Alternatively, why not use forum sponsor REALMazdaParts.com?

Jarrett
04-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Honestly, just the basics like; brakes, bushings, gaskets, belts, hose sets. I agree with you about using the dealer for the absolute best fit and function. I remember from my 240sx days though that there are dealers out there with a better price (courtesy parts).
Is there anyone such as this?
Also, I appreciate the speedy response. Thank you
-Jarrett

Jarrett
04-29-2015, 02:00 PM
I use Arlington Mazda (formerly Finishline Performance) because they're good and local to me. Alternatively, why not use forum sponsor REALMazdaParts.com?

Thank you I will check these out for sure!

Ryan94R
04-29-2015, 02:07 PM
I also heard something about some dealers price matching aftermarket parts. not too sure on the details i got it on a postcard. ill try *find it but i think it already found its way to the trash :(

Pyr0monk3y
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
For stuff that needs to be replaced with OEM I use: Rosenthal Mazda (http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/)

For brakes parts like pads, I start out on forums to find the compound I want, then I shop around for the best price. As far as I know, there's no "go to" place for brakes.

For consumables like rotors, pad hardware, and gaskets; just go to your local parts store. OEM parts are usually top quality, but if you shop smart, you can get top notch stuff local too. For example, Autozone carries Timken bearings and Denso sensors.

If you're ordering a lot of stuff at once, it can be economical to order online from somewhere like rockauto, but shop smart. Make sure to pick good brands. Those paper water pump gaskets are cheap for a reason.

Phatmiata
05-05-2015, 05:21 AM
I have been using www.RealMazdaParts.com as they have been fast, and had better prices than the other online dealers.

I also use the local Mazda dealerships and ask for price matches against the online dealers and so far they have been able to match the prices online.