PDA

View Full Version : Engine cuts off at various RPMs/MSII won't read WB sensor

George
05-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I have a new problem with my car...

I'm running GSXR ITBs now and the cars giving me a headache. I have finaly plugged the computer to datalog what's happening. I'm runing reverant built MSII in ITB mode

First problem is, the engine cuts off when I pull hard in second or third and hit ~5k rpm. It dies, RPMs fall almost to zero but when I press the clutch pedal, engine suddenly starts again. But sometimes it does the same at 3500 or somewhere around 4400.

I can send you a datalog if you think it will help. I also have a video from the cabin to show what's happening that I'll upload later.

Second problem is, the engine acts weird from time to time. Sometimes it idles and runs well and sometimes the AFR at idle or cruising goes above 18. I didn't find any clues about what causes that. Sometimes I drive somewhere, turn the engine off for a couple minutes and it will appear when I start the engine again and sometimes it happes right when I start the engine cold.

Today when I finaly plugged in the notebook, I found out, that even though the AEM gauge shows correct(judging from the enige's performance) values all the time, in the case when the AFR becomes so lean on idle and cruising, the MSII reads 9.8 all the time and it won't change even when running

George
05-03-2015, 03:41 AM
here's the promised video

http://youtu.be/NiGQSsbP2e0

George
05-03-2015, 11:50 AM
thanks for nothing so far

first lead is to check ground points and all cables between dash and gearbox since the tacho drops to zero immediately after the power cuts out, but the engine's still reving so it should show correct rpms. Tuner studio also shows that RPMs drop to 150 immediately after I hit the limit revs

Demon I Am
05-03-2015, 12:46 PM
You've got such a customized setup that I have no clue how to help. Have you tried asking at miataturbo?

etikoner
05-03-2015, 01:12 PM
You were rolling and the engine was at zero rpm- was the clutch engaged at that time?? My car is also acting up but it doesn't do what yours does..... Double check your grounds and maybe make some of your own... Whatever your car is doing really isn't normal. :(

George
05-03-2015, 01:25 PM
It happens only when I go full throttle, just the rpms when it happens vary. You can see in the video that the engine stalls, but won't fire up again even though the clutch is engaged. Then it fires right back up when I disengage(push the pedal) the clutch

freedomgli
05-03-2015, 01:47 PM
You really need to upload msq. and .msl for the community to provide any substantive help. Otherwise, we're just guessing. That being said, I'm a MS noob so I don't think I can be of much help, other than perhaps check out the Megasquirt forum at Miataturbo.net as that seems to have the most active user base. Good luck!

Ryan94R
05-03-2015, 01:48 PM
the engine is probably starting back up cause its getting pop started. i don't know if that helps you at all tho.

George
05-03-2015, 02:02 PM
The engine starts back when I push the clutch pedal, thus disconnecting it from the wheels, so it's not pop start (sorry if I didn't understand the term the right way)

Freedomgli, I'll upload those when I get to the laptop. The fact that the MS sees only 150 rpms immediately after it happens leads me to believe that it's not connected to it in any way

George
05-03-2015, 02:03 PM
The engine starts back when I push the clutch pedal, thus disconnecting it from the wheels, so it's not pop start (sorry if I didn't understand the term the right way)

Freedomgli, I'll upload those when I get to the laptop. The fact that the MS sees only 150 rpms immediately after it happens leads me to believe that it's not connected to it in any way

George
05-03-2015, 02:54 PM
first msl (engine problem)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=08854050417575681595

second msl (WB problem)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=88171880684566746964

msq
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=39900663257618137151

freedomgli
05-03-2015, 04:01 PM
I downloaded your msq and msl files and can see what's happening but I don't know why. Like I said, I'm a noob so I'm not sure how much help I can offer but let me study it for a bit and if I can think of anything I'll report back.

George
05-21-2015, 04:12 AM
problems stoped with new engine