PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to search for a rare part?

Bruce
05-03-2015, 12:16 AM
I have been searching, without luck, for a mint/like new condition dark wood Nardi wheel from--I believe--the 2000 NB special edition. Here are some shots of the exact wheel I am looking for:

It is not that this particular wheel is super-rare; it is not. In fact, the photos above are from a current ebay listing. The issue is that finding one in mint/like new condition is super rare.

I don't even need the airbag since I have a brand new one complete with the Nardi logo in the center.

I've tried ebay and Yahoo Japan, all with no luck--and I have been looking for a long, long time. They come up fairly often on Yahoo Japan but there is no way to verify the condition. I've tried posting "want to buy" messages on several boards, also with no luck.

I'm willing to pay $$$ for the right wheel, if only I can find it.

Really frustrating.

Any strategies/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ScratchNSniff
05-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Curious, what kept you from purchasing that one...I have 2 of the dark finish at the house and a few of the lighter...will gladly check mine to see if they stack up to your challenge...that one pictured looks quite nice though...

Phatmiata
05-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Believe it or not Google Images brings the fastest results.

Bruce
05-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Believe it or not Google Images brings the fastest results.

Never thought of that!

Thanks!!!

Bruce
05-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Curious, what kept you from purchasing that one...I have 2 of the dark finish at the house and a few of the lighter...will gladly check mine to see if they stack up to your challenge...that one pictured looks quite nice though...

I did look into it. Some scratches, some fading, loss of gloss/lustre.

Yes, I am being ridiculously pick picky.

Phatmiata
05-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Nothing wrong with being picky, I'm the same way.

kung fu jesus
05-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Just curious, but why not buy a lighter one, refurb the wood, make it darker, refinish?

Bruce
05-05-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm not confident i could get the same dark color (isn't the type of wood different?) or that I could get that same thick, durable and glossy OEM finish.