PDA

View Full Version : Need a power card for a JRSC that makes 10 p.s.i.

Silver92B
01-21-2012, 12:40 AM
My '92 1.6 has a M45 blower that makes 9~10 PSI. It's been on the car for several years and I have not done any tuning to it since '05. The last time I had it serviced in Tacoma before driving it back to Atlanta, Coop set the timing at 5deg BTDC. For fuel I have a FPR and I'm running 1.8 injectors. I also have the JRSC timing retard unit which pulls more timing as the boost goes up.
For now the car is running very conservatively *tuned*. It runs rich and the timing is retarded a good bit. I would like to know if there is anything like the power cards they make for the modern M62 superchargers that make so much power in the NB cars. I would love to have some way to control the fuel delivery as boost goes up so I can run a little more aggressive timing.
From what I read and hear, the stand alone computers work pretty good for making power, but there is always a "but"... I don't know much about tuning cars and I don't want to spend loads of $$ on dyno runs either. So I wonder if anyone knows of or where to get a fuel card for my car.

Thanks!

adamvanxxx
01-21-2012, 01:20 AM
I know it was said, but in all seriousness everything you said points to Megasquirt.

Just do it and be happy.

Meow
01-21-2012, 06:07 AM
plus Good-Win-Racing has it for sale right now. I just picked up the PNP the other day

VdizzleMyNizzle
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah, MS is where it's at. I think those Power cards max out at around 9.5 PSI anyways. At least you don't have the regular Powercard which I have and is non ajustible. It came with the CARB kit. 5 PSI is no fun on my MP62 can't wait to ditch the CARD for a MS and run a 62.5 mm pully this summer.

Agent☣Orange
01-21-2012, 11:26 AM
There's a guy selling a set of PCPro fuel and timing cards in our own classifieds if your interested.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?319-PNP-99-00-PC-Pro-and-a-PC-Timing-controller

Silver92B
01-21-2012, 02:28 PM
There's a guy selling a set of PCPro fuel and timing cards in our own classifieds if your interested.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?319-PNP-99-00-PC-Pro-and-a-PC-Timing-controller

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately that unit is for a NB car...

concealer404
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
I highly doubt a PowerCard is going to be any less "conservative." It's gonna be rich, and it's going to pull timing like crazy as well.

I would NOT say it's worth the "upgrade" from what you're doing now.

Silver92B
01-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I know that the most flexibility can be achieved with a stand alone computer. From what I read and hear, a lot of guys are enjoying their Megasquirts, I also hear that everybody is happy and getting power, etc, etc. "But".... still tweaking this, or working out that, or something else is not working or not working right....... I don't like to thinker and troubleshoot those kinds of things. I had a very unsatisfactory experience years ago with my EVO VIII and a shop that modified it extensively, including the AEM stand alone. They were never able to make the car run right. Other tuners tried too and no luck at all. It was a disaster.

Not dissin' or slamming anybody or any stand alone computer. I'm sure they are all great products, etc, etc. But I don't want to mess with that again. I would only try any one of those systems if fully installed with a return policy if it did not work perfectly.

concealer404
01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
I hear ya. I'm not telling you "megasquirt or nothing," i'm just saying that a PowerCard likely will yield marginal improvements if any at all. :)

MSPNP, however... you won't have that return policy unless the unit itself is defective. 99.99% of the "problems" are user error. Nobody can warranty against that. :P

Agent☣Orange
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately that unit is for a NB car...

It can be sent to Fast Forward to be fitted to the NA harness. I don't want to get into a whole piggyback vs. standalone debate, just accommodate your original request. The PCPros offer a lot of tunability for application (M45) but also set-it-and-forget-it if you want.

Silver92B
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I hear ya. I'm not telling you "megasquirt or nothing," i'm just saying that a PowerCard likely will yield marginal improvements if any at all. :)

MSPNP, however... you won't have that return policy unless the unit itself is defective. 99.99% of the "problems" are user error. Nobody can warranty against that. :P

Agreed, however this user is bound to make errors..... I have to have a ready to go, drive out solution without any tweaking. My previous experience with the EVO was quite an expensive 'education' and very frustrating experience as well. Gotta tell you, I ditched the AEM and a ton of associated stuff in that car. Finally got it to work with a Vishnu Xede unit... If I could find one of those for the right price I think I would take a chance on it, otherwise.........

Silver92B
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
It can be sent to Fast Forward to be fitted to the NA harness. I don't want to get into a whole piggyback vs. standalone debate, just accommodate your original request. The PCPros offer a lot of tunability for application but also set-it-and-forget-it if you want.

Thanks for the information! It's interesting and worth looking into.