PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Monsterflow intake filter.

Willywongka
05-24-2015, 02:44 PM
So I was wondering if the guys on the forum can shoot me the steps and what is needed to clean the foam filter on the Monsterflow intake.

I barely failed smog (slightly high HC's on the 15 mph test) so I am going down the list of stuff I should do to lower that number. Thanks guys!

-Will

BoBo
05-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Similar process when cleaning a motorcycle foam filter. You can get the UNI aerosol cleaner and oil at cycle gear, or if you have the oil for the foam already you can just clean it with soap at home.

Willywongka
05-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks bobo! I guess I'll give it a shot.

Phatmiata
05-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Also make sure the foam is not getting brittle (from old age) as your intake will suck up foam particles. Pinch it to see if it's brittle. If brittle then it's time to replace it.

Willywongka
05-25-2015, 10:47 PM
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I don't think they sell replacements anymore. Maybe it's time to look for a filter to replace it with.

The foam still seems like its still holding its shape after washing it and squeezing it in the bucket of water, I sprayed the K&N oil on it after and put it back together. It seems like my car can breathe better now. I'm pretty sure I washed it the way Monsterflow said exactly not to wash it =), oh well!

topover
11-01-2015, 08:18 PM
I just soak mine with dish washing liquid soap and brush it lightly with a soft bristle brush and have it air dry. By the way, instead of spraying K&N oil charger you can just use wd40.