PDA

View Full Version : Hard Top

markcher
12-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Well with all the snow and rain were having in Scotland at the moment more of us are turning to our hard tops for some extra warmth . But as you know just when you have it fitted the sun decides to come out .
Typical uk weather.

:mad:

miata5620
12-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Since I had my top painted to match the car, over a yr ago, I think it has only come off the car a handful of times most of them being so I could work on the interior of the car and have more space. I think I have only taken it off for 2 drives and those were both because my wife wanted the top down.

bovaco
12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Well with all the snow and rain were having in Scotland at the moment more of us are turning to our hard tops for some extra warmth . But as you know just when you have it fitted the sun decides to come out .
Typical uk weather.

:mad:

Where about in Scotland ? My wife is from Gala so we visit her family quite often.

Since I had my top painted to match the car, over a yr ago, I think it has only come off the car a handful of times most of them being so I could work on the interior of the car and have more space. I think I have only taken it off for 2 drives and those were both because my wife wanted the top down.

I can relate, I prefer to leave my hard top on.

markcher
12-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi near Glasgow , give me a shout when your coming over and we can have a meet up.

miata5620
12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I can relate, I prefer to leave my hard top on.

Yeah I think the car looks nicer with the top on and while driving with the top down/ off is nice I really only car to do it if the weather really nice.

dropped top
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Here in Florida I see no reason for a hardtop. We have some days that is does get cold but in a day or two the temps are back up there and its time to drop the top again. I am always baffled when one of our local members purchases a hardtop and removes the ragtop on installation. I enjoy the top down so much. I guess that not everyone does.

The Driver
01-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Here in Florida I see no reason for a hardtop. We have some days that is does get cold but in a day or two the temps are back up there and its time to drop the top again. I am always baffled when one of our local members purchases a hardtop and removes the ragtop on installation. I enjoy the top down so much. I guess that not everyone does.

To avoid baking like a cookie during the July through September... I'm from Tampa, I know what I'm talking about!

miata5620
01-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I see no reason for a hardtop.

Well I used to think that myself and always said I would never pay the $750-$1200 price tag to get one but then I got my hardtop for FREE and feel in love with it on the car especially once my friend painted it for me.

TheFrohn
01-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Well I used to think that myself and always said I would never pay the $750-$1200 price tag to get one but then I got my hardtop for FREE and feel in love with it on the car especially once my friend painted it for me.

i need to find myself a deal like that...

it's 15 degrees this morning w/ snow on the ground and i've got my oem drafty soft top on the 94 haha

tino
01-24-2012, 01:37 AM
definitely need a hardtop here in seattle.

portabull
02-16-2012, 04:46 PM
put the hardtop on at thanksgiving, take it off the end of march. sure civilizes the little unit when it's on.

The Driver
02-16-2012, 04:58 PM
I won't get rid of mine, but I H8 my hardtop. Can't wait for the weather to cooperate, and to have a garage so that I can remove it. I wan't my Miata back!

concealer404
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I've decided that i really don't like convertibles. Can't wait to find a hardtop.

adamvanxxx
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Miatas are better with a HT.

I<3flippyheadlights
02-16-2012, 06:54 PM
I think if I owned one, it would go on for car shows or events where I have to dress it up. Miatas really do look great with a hard top, but it just doesn't seem practical. (for florida at least) I love the heat and I don't mind getting a tan when I drive. In fact I'm working out not for a beach body, but for a dropped top body :P

adamvanxxx
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I can still achieve tan lines with my year round hard top

The Driver
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Miatas are better with a HT.

I have a HT. I H8 my HT, but since I'll be moving back to CO, I'll need a HT. Necessary evil, I guess.

adamvanxxx
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I have a HT. I H8 my HT, but since I'll be moving back to CO, I'll need a HT. Necessary evil, I guess.

You're weird.

The Driver
02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
You're weird.

I'm allowed, I pay taxes. When I become rich, I'll be an "eccentric"...

Nothing weird about it actually. I like my Miata to feel "raw" like a slow ass motorcycle. It feels like a coupe, If I wanted a coupe, I'd bought one. I wanted a convertible. The HT turns the Miata into a coupe, I just don't care for the experience.

psulja
02-17-2012, 01:00 AM
I have a hardtop and to be honest I got a little bored not being able to drop the top whenever I wanted. I had it on for the beginning of our mild winter and kept missing out on great opportunities where it was warm enough to go top down so I gave up and now my HT is sitting in my bedroom, still haven't had a moment where I wish I had it on. Although I must admit it looks great with the HT on, I went to a meet and people kept confusing it for an RX-7 at first glance (always a good laugh).

adamvanxxx
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I completely get it, some people buy a miata for the convertible. I bought mine because it is a miata. :lol:

I enjoy top down as much as the other guy, I really just hate all the new shimmies my car has without it.

kung fu jesus
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I live in SOCAL, my HT has been off the car maybe 3 times in 4 years, once in the last 2.

etikoner
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I BARELY ever put the top down anymore except for when a friend want's to see how it's like. I hate my farmers tan, but it's all good. I wanna get a hardtop someday, but it'd have to be Merlot, Black, or White for me to get it.

It'd be nice to cut out of the shitton load of noise at highway speeds as well. Can't have a convo when I'm driving over 60, lol.

RyanxStorey
02-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm a big fan of top down. The miata I just got has a hardtop and no soft. Made the next reasonable purchase. The g-string. Can't wait to get it in its just too cold right now.

I<3flippyheadlights
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I want a G string more then a hard top....

The Driver
02-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I want a G string more then a hard top....

In Tampa? Don't forget the goggle and a snorkel...

jux
02-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Recently pulled the ragtop out of the '94 and hard-mounted the hardtop. The car came to me with a fairly new, great condition ragtop...but non-zip rear windows on ragtops just piss me off. It had to go away.