PDA

View Full Version : [REVIEW] Carbon Miata Window Cranks

RuckkehrMiata
01-24-2016, 10:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DQM7ZUu.jpg

First, I must say these have been an absolute pleasure to own. I am reminded every day of their quality when I roll my window down for my commute.

http://i.imgur.com/LMl1OMB.jpg

I have the Carbon Miata window cranks, which I received towards the end of last year. For such a little part, it has really changed my daily experience. My car has no aircon, so I regulate the temperature with a mix of vent and window. I use my cranks every day.

The OEM cranks are fine, we tolerated them for a long time. But now that I have used the CM ones, I realize just how flimsy they are. I would bang my knuckles (I don't even know on what, but I always got dinged up), I couldn't roll them fast without the handle wobbling, and they just didn't have anything special about them.

Installation was easy, there is a c-clamp that olds the crank on. It might take you a few moments to orient, but you don't even need a clamp tool to install if you are good with pliers (don't break it!) - installation took minutes.

After installing the cranks, I was instantly satisfied with them aesthetically. They don't stand out, they look like they belonged there from the factory. It just so eloquently suits the manner of the miata interior. The feel is perfect, much like a manual steering rack, through this aluminum crank you can feel a direct connection to the window.

This sounds unimportant, doesn't it? I instinctually roll my window down every time I get in my car, and up when I get out, and sometimes in between. I use it a lot. This upgrade just made sense both visually and functionally.

Starts raining hard and you need to get your window up? This thing will let you power drive it up into the seal. It's nice, no wobble, just a solid window roll.

All in all, I give this a complete 10/10, thanks CarbonMiata!

http://i.imgur.com/imyxuDo.jpg

Phatmiata
01-24-2016, 10:31 PM
wow those look really clean !!! You just need the matching door handles now

CarbonMiata
01-25-2016, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the review!!! To be honest, they are not cheap but many people wrote me an email after they received them to express how surprised they were about their light weight compared to how strong they feel in the hand. This is one of the products I am pretty proud of as we designed them entirely by computer and the result is exactly what we had in mind!

We have them in stock at all time now!

Cermivelli
01-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Beautiful!

CanadaStick
01-25-2016, 12:16 PM
i love mine!

RuckkehrMiata
01-25-2016, 01:17 PM
i love mine!

We apparently have very similar styles haha

CarbonMiata
01-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Beautiful yes! I guess you guys now also need the door lock assemblies. :D

RuckkehrMiata
01-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Beautiful yes! I guess you guys now also need the door lock assemblies. :D

You don't even understand my need for them, I *think* I remember back when you asked someone to borrow one so you could take notes to make your own and I was like "I will own those one day".

Could have been someone else, but I will still own them. Along with your gauge hood.... and finish panel.... and other stuff