PDA

View Full Version : Everything RDU 2016

Demon I Am
02-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Now that there's like... 4? 5? of us...

Anyone doing any car-shit?

Want to hang out and hardpark the shit out of it?

Maybe let's take a drive sometime?

Need help installing anything?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2916/14203764682_0ea0740078_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nD91ow)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/nD91ow) by Tony Driver (https://www.flickr.com/photos/demoniam/), on Flickr
----------------------------------------------

Demon I Am
02-01-2016, 12:18 PM
So, if the weather does not fully suck, I'm thinking about installing the MSM suspension this coming weekend. Still undecided on whether to install them As-is, or whether I should wait and build an adjustable system with them. If anything, let's plan on a meet-up sometime soon-ish.

tsingson
02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
I am just waiting for parts to come in from Carbon Miata. I just bought a lift and wheels/tires for the new Expedition.

JamieH
02-01-2016, 12:28 PM
My shop is always open to you guys.

tsingson
02-01-2016, 12:37 PM
I actually want to head out towards your way Jamie. One of these times. You got stuff for us to do out there (great local eateries, car meets....)?

JamieH
02-01-2016, 01:57 PM
If the stars aligned, I can get 5 Miatas together including mine. As for food, eh, my friends in Goldsboro would know better than me. Granted, there is the Farmer and the Chef here in Kinston. Never been myself, takes a reservation to get in, but supposedly the best food in Kinston. Has an ever changing menu as everything is locally sourced and things get 86ed as they run out. Ah, I think once it warms back up there will be the local classic car cruise-in here in Kinston. Oh, and yeah, there's the dragstrip. I think they run the full 1/4 on Thursday for test and tune. Been hearing cars run at it for the past week or so. I guess it opened back up from the winter shut down.

tsingson
02-01-2016, 02:04 PM
We could even meet halfway somewhere and grab food. Just post up some details and let's get it all rolling.

Demon I Am
02-01-2016, 02:18 PM
http://www.adamsroadsidebbq.com/

The brisket chili is TITTAYS!

tsingson
02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Let's do it up! Looks good.

JamieH
02-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Ill see if I can get the peeps in Goldsboro on board. Probably be next weekend at the soonest.

JLBMX5
02-01-2016, 05:29 PM
I might could handle a meet. I still have the miata registered to drive on the road so if I have not sold off anything on it I could take it to a meet.

NCGreasemonkey
02-01-2016, 05:34 PM
I know I'm west of y'all but Wilbur's in G'boro has some good BBQ. My clan is from Seven-springs and La Grange. Not too bad of a drive to hook-up with fellow Miatanutz!

tsingson
02-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm down to head to Greensboro also.

NCGreasemonkey
02-01-2016, 05:40 PM
My G'boro was Goldsboro not Greensboro. :lol:

Demon I Am
02-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm gone from the 27 th to the 8th

NCGreasemonkey
02-01-2016, 09:30 PM
How about Sunday March 6th Wilbur's in Goldsboro. Meet up and enjoy good food?

Demon I Am
02-02-2016, 08:46 AM
I'd actually be able to attend a weekend event on Feb 6/7, 20/21 or Mar 19/20. March 6 I will still be out of town. But whatever works best for the majority is good, too!

My weekends are all weird with dad duty and stuff.

tsingson
02-02-2016, 08:54 AM
I'm good with the 6th at Wilbur's. Of course, all of this is weather permitting.

NCGreasemonkey
02-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I have to work 2-6. Off one Saturday on the next.

tsingson
02-02-2016, 09:23 AM
I meant March 6th. Sorry.

JamieH
02-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Seems like the Goldsboro folks are on board. One brought up the fact there's a new Smithfield's by the Rosewood Wal-Mart. Would be a closer drive than Wilbur's for you RDU peeps. If it's going to be a March thing I'll keep ya posted. I think those in Goldsboro are going to be available V-Day weekend.

NCGreasemonkey
02-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Just let me know where and which. And I'll check the calendar for March 6th.

Demon I Am
02-10-2016, 02:50 PM
I found a FB group called NC SC Miatas who are planning a meetup at Cary Town Center on 2/13 around 6:00pm. I may ride out there, if the kid wants to go.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415971065291163/permalink/1724520411102892/?comment_id=1725635584324708&notif_t=group_comment_reply

tsingson
02-10-2016, 03:09 PM
I don't have FB so I can't see it. How many are showing up?

Demon I Am
02-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Right now it looks like 4 total have expressed interest. Might be a way to grow the numbers? I don't know any of the folks though.

tsingson
02-10-2016, 03:33 PM
I might be able to make it. Not sure yet. Got a few things coming up.

JLBMX5
02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Anyone going to the NC autoexpo at the fairgrounds this weekend ?

Demon I Am
02-10-2016, 06:16 PM
They are parking by the bello parking lot, fyi

NCGreasemonkey
02-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Just hit the NC/SC and NC Miatas sites. Off this week-end, for now. If nothing comes up. Or goes down then I will take me a spleen killing trip East in Noir. Hope to see y'all!

tsingson
02-10-2016, 10:03 PM
I am tentatively going to Concord on Saturday so I will have to see.

Demon I Am
02-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I think I want to sell my hard top. I don't NEED to sell it, but I might be up for offers on it. Wondering If I should throw it on CL for a way too high number, and see what kind of lowballs I get.

Also thinking about selling the MSM suspension as well.

JLBMX5
02-20-2016, 06:24 AM
Tony if you truly want to sell your hardto . I would sand it down and at least put primer on it. You could bring it up to an 800.00 level easil . You saw where I got flamed for asking 5k for my miata on Facebook and yet it sold for 5k so clean it up and it will sel . In its condition now yea your probably going to get bottom dollar.

Demon I Am
02-20-2016, 07:35 AM
True, but it's not something I ever have to sell. If someone really wanted it, and they threw out an offer of 750-800? I'd think about it. At the $400-500 level, it's worth it for me to just keep it.

That said, I'd love to have it painted white, and would probably bolt it on if I did. I don't see wanting to drop 600 in having that don't anytime soon though.

JLBMX5
02-20-2016, 09:13 AM
I have a ton of sand paper and home most weekends if you ever want to swing by and take care of i . Primer light gray is pretty close to white and I have that as well

JLBMX5
02-20-2016, 09:14 AM
If you want to air sand it I have a huge air compresso . Just no grinder so you would need to get one of those with some sanding wheels

tsingson
02-20-2016, 09:59 AM
Why don't you get it prepped and painted if you have the money? I see that as a better investment than other accessories as a good condition painted top will hold its value. If mine were black or some other color, I would definitely be saving to color match. The other stuff you have to sell should help pay for it also. James even said he could help you prepare so all it would need is some paint.

Demon I Am
02-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Yeah we could try to carve out some weekend time, James. Not sure when as my life is kind of topsy turvy lately. I'm really into minimizing my life and getting rid of the nonessentials. In a month or so the hard top will probably be off of the car until next winter.

Anthony, I don't know that I want to spend 5-600 on painting a top, that I just may ending up selling for 900. Then I'm basically selling a $300 top with a $600 paint job.

NCGreasemonkey
02-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Y'all guys make me feel homesick. Born in Florance, SC.. But home clan Is from Seven Springs and La Grange, NC.. Now in Northern Davidson area with a Winston-Salem address.

Keep the top. I bought my Noir because I knew the top was worth 2/3's the asking price. Mine is black, defrosted, factory wide-window.

Anybody going to Wilbur's anytime for some good chopped BBQ? Pm me. I need a pound to quench an urge!!!

Peace my Brothers! :drinkto:

kung fu jesus
02-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Tony, tell me about the MSM suspension. I have a good friend here on a tight budget. His KYBs are over 10 years old and have lost their effectiveness. I thought a good, used set of factory Billies might be just the ticket for him and his FM springs.

kung fu jesus
02-20-2016, 08:12 PM
BTW, Tim and his girlfriend moved to ATL over the holidays. I am taking him to AMP next month to check it out. Hoping the NA is done, he has never seen it.

JLBMX5
02-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Tony . call pitstop auto body and tell him if you do the prep how much would he charge for paint its just a top. Uses little paint. He is reasonable in pricing .

kung fu jesus
02-20-2016, 09:53 PM
Hardtop prices are going up. They are becoming hard to find and it would be regretful to sell it then need or want it back later.

tsingson
02-21-2016, 09:16 AM
Y'all guys make me feel homesick. Born in Florance, SC.. But home clan Is from Seven Springs and La Grange, NC.. Now in Northern Davidson area with a Winston-Salem address.

Keep the top. I bought my Noir because I knew the top was worth 2/3's the asking price. Mine is black, defrosted, factory wide-window.

Anybody going to Wilbur's anytime for some good chopped BBQ? Pm me. I need a pound to quench an urge!!!

Peace my Brothers! :drinkto:

Let me know what weekend you are available. I am off all weekends and the NB is ready to go. All pieces have been installed. Probably going to wait on the short shifter uness Bill hits me with an invoice.

Tony, didn't you buy the top for $300. Are you trying to make money? And it all depends on where you go to get it painted. For the $500-$600 you mentioned, that's almost a whole paint job. If James does help you with the prep work, that cuts the price down.

JLBMX5
02-22-2016, 04:18 PM
I know that I sold the miata so I am no longer a miata member but I did replace it with a Mazda so I'm still in Mazda group. Truth is I'm tall and i have a big gut so I was outgrowing it. Question is since I purchased mazdaspeed3 I have been eyeballing bigger turbos and now that I sold the miata I'm going for 350hp + so I have a shit ton of parts coming along with new coilover suspensio . If I can set an install date . I am going to talk to a local shop that loves turbos. Anyone want to come help ?

Demon I Am
02-23-2016, 09:47 AM

* I'm going on vacation for a bit, Feb 26-March 8. Once I get back, I'll have a better idea on event scheduling.

Tony, tell me about the MSM suspension.

*From an 04 MSM with about 150K on them. When installed on the black car, they still felt nice and solid. I'd probably take $350 shipped if he wants them soon. Otherwise, I will install them, or use them to build a coilover setup (after they finish "Crawl-eigh").

Tony . call pitstop auto body and tell him if you do the prep how much would he charge for paint its just a top. Uses little paint. He is reasonable in pricing .

*I'll add this to the things to do when back from Vacation!

Tony, didn't you buy the top for $300. Are you trying to make money?

*I'm ALWAYS trying to make money :D Yeah I got the hard top at a steal; doesn't mean I have to "pass on the savings"... Especially on something what's rarity is increasing every month.

If I can set an install date . I am going to talk to a local shop that loves turbos. Anyone want to come help ?

*I know jack shit about turbos (Something about air and witchcraft) but this might be a good learning experience. Keep us updated!

tsingson
02-23-2016, 12:24 PM
I know that I sold the miata so I am no longer a miata member but I did replace it with a Mazda so I'm still in Mazda group. Truth is I'm tall and i have a big gut so I was outgrowing it. Question is since I purchased mazdaspeed3 I have been eyeballing bigger turbos and now that I sold the miata I'm going for 350hp + so I have a shit ton of parts coming along with new coilover suspensio . If I can set an install date . I am going to talk to a local shop that loves turbos. Anyone want to come help ?

After seeing what happened to my neighbor's MS3 and upping boost, I am trying to stay away from that. It's been down for over a year now. At least it's in his garage and not in front of my house.

Pyr0monk3y
02-23-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm in the market for an exhaust for my car. The one on it is just aging out. Currently have a jackson racing catback with stock manifold and downpipe. It's all rattling and rusting away to the point that I need to weld new flanges on it and... I kinda tapped a tire wall and put a kink in the tail pipe.

If anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it. I would love a butterfly system like FM just released for the ND but I have yet to hear if they plan to release it for the NA.

JLBMX5
02-23-2016, 04:52 PM
After seeing what happened to my neighbor's MS3 and upping boost, I am trying to stay away from that. It's been down for over a year now. At least it's in his garage and not in front of my house.

This is why I have purchased over 5k in parts .I don't want to just go in and up the boost I want the car to be able to handle the boost without blowing it apart.

kung fu jesus
02-23-2016, 05:11 PM
I'm in the market for an exhaust for my car. The one on it is just aging out. Currently have a jackson racing catback with stock manifold and downpipe. It's all rattling and rusting away to the point that I need to weld new flanges on it and... I kinda tapped a tire wall and put a kink in the tail pipe.

If anyone has a recommendation I would appreciate it. I would love a butterfly system like FM just released for the ND but I have yet to hear if they plan to release it for the NA.

Go custom. Fewer joints, welded seams, mandrel bent. You won't even have to worry about hanging it.

Pyr0monk3y
02-23-2016, 06:46 PM
What about maintenance? joints around the cat?

If I go custom I might as well spend the time to fix what I have. Time is the issue, I kinda just need to bolt something temporary on to shut up all the rattles until spring break.

tsingson
02-23-2016, 07:10 PM
I agree with Steven. I was about to shell out the cash for the Roadstersport midpipe but for just a bit more, I could have a shop make me a custom one and I don't have to get under the car to do it.

kung fu jesus
02-23-2016, 07:19 PM
More joints, more problems. If you still want a bolt on, I have been happy with the Borla systems on my NA. They use a slip joint between the midpipe and rear section.

Demon I Am
02-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Henry's Muffler in Raleigh are HIGHLY recommended. They can build exactly what you want, and how you want it, with reasonable rates.

Also, not sure about the interchangability, but I have a decent NB exhaust that I'd let go of for cheap enough.

kung fu jesus
02-24-2016, 10:57 AM
+1 in Henry's. They did the midpipe on my NB. I went to the one on the north side of town.

1.6 NAs have different front flanges at the cat. The NBs have different hanger locations.

DK AFFECT
02-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Henry's does an awful job at full exhausts. If you want them to patch up your current exhaust, they're alright; however, they don't mandrel bend anything and did an extremely sloppy job.

kung fu jesus
02-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Henry's does an awful job at full exhausts. If you want them to patch up your current exhaust, they're alright; however, they don't mandrel bend anything and did an extremely sloppy job.

Funny, they mandrel bent mine and I stood 20 feet away watching.

Demon I Am
02-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Same with my best friend's MSM exhaust. All bent

tsingson
02-25-2016, 12:01 PM
I watched them do it with the other truck that was in the shop when I was there.

DK AFFECT
02-25-2016, 02:26 PM
I'll grab a photo of my "3 inch" exhaust today.

I have no issues with them patching stuff and re-welding hangers, but I was extremely disappointed with the header back that they did for me.

Pyr0monk3y
02-25-2016, 09:11 PM
I gotta agree with DK here, I've seen some really shitty work from Henry's. They did the exhaust on my dad's Camaro. One of the muffler's was canted about 10 degrees out of level, welds were so bad I think I could do better, and not mandrel bent.

DK AFFECT
02-25-2016, 11:01 PM
If they do mandrel bends, they sure as hell didn't use the appropriately sized one.

http://i.imgur.com/ta2z6Re.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qDyCyrc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OgPSYCs.jpg

Pyr0monk3y
02-26-2016, 02:20 AM
Yep, that's about what my dad's exhaust looked like.

kung fu jesus
02-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Yeah, that is not good work. Seems lazy to not switch the tools for bending.

I met a guy through BMWs who owned a couple of Midas locations, one in Raleigh. He did some nice work on my e30, but I don't think he owns that location anymore. The last time I spoke to him he said he was selling his franchise to move to the coast so he could focus on the two he had there.

Demon I Am
03-24-2016, 01:38 PM
I was surprised and saddened to not see JamieH's car parked at Bojangles when I got into Kinston. Must have just missed him, lol. Saw lots of Miata in New Bern, though.

JamieH
04-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Well, for anyone interested in going to the Goldsboro C&C, it's still on, I just likely won't be there with anything new to show. Still waiting on the Xidas to be shipped. I'll still be there though, but not sure of any of the other Goldsboro Miata crowd being able to make it, at least with any Miatas. Everyone is either out of town or their Miata is down for the count for the time being or they are very busy with life.

Again, for anyone interested, it's April 30th, Saturday morning on Central Street in Goldsboro. Details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/CarsandCoffeeGoldsboro/

tsingson
04-18-2016, 02:43 PM
If I wasn't going out of town this weekend, I would go. I think I'll go to the first of the week one.

misuzu
04-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Not to hijack a thread, but this seemed like the best place..
Anyone know a good automotive A/C shop in the RDU area?

There used to be a shop like "Four Brothers" in between North Raleigh and Wake Forest but it seems they've gone.
Now all I can find are the usual automotive shops, that do A/C on the side.

Although my A/C works, I'm looking for an expert who can tell me what I need to do to make it work about 200% colder... Might be a tall order for an R134a converted 1990 chassis though. :toomuch:

Demon I Am
04-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Well, if you want to buy a complete working system from a 2000 Miata, and retrofit... I gotta guy. ;)

Everything but the HVAC control box $200

tsingson
04-19-2016, 12:09 PM
I have to recharge mine every summer so I would not be any help at all. Sorry man.

JamieH
04-19-2016, 01:09 PM
I have to recharge mine every summer so I would not be any help at all. Sorry man.

You got a leak that needs to be found and fixed.

tsingson
04-19-2016, 01:39 PM
I am sure of it. Just have to debate if it is worth it to me. Usually on real hot days, I drive the Expedition. Maybe once I get all of the regular maintenance done.

kung fu jesus
04-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Not to hijack a thread, but this seemed like the best place..
Anyone know a good automotive A/C shop in the RDU area?

There used to be a shop like "Four Brothers" in between North Raleigh and Wake Forest but it seems they've gone.
Now all I can find are the usual automotive shops, that do A/C on the side.

Although my A/C works, I'm looking for an expert who can tell me what I need to do to make it work about 200% colder... Might be a tall order for an R134a converted 1990 chassis though. :toomuch:

When I moved from CA to NC, I had to reinstall the A/C in my '92. I used '97 pieces and did it myself. I made a thread about it here. After installation, I took it to Performance Chassis in Cary.

They also found and repaired the AC on my wife's '99.

kung fu jesus
04-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Here is the retrofit thread:

AC retrofit: NA8 system in an NA6
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?t=2704

misuzu
04-19-2016, 02:42 PM
The retrofit sounds interesting and I'm contemplating getting the parts for later on.

But I guess I'll put it off a bit, as it sounds like more work than I care to fit into the maybe 4 weekends I have between now and a trip to Canada that I will take with the car. Don't want to risk disabling the A/C all together before then. After I get back however, and will have a spare car for around town, sure.

On that note, anyone still able to find Dryers available from Mazda? I looked a few months ago and couldn't find it at Rosenthal Mazda, or much else in the A/C department. :( (That's one thing I'd like to avoid used due to the nature of it.)

kung fu jesus
04-19-2016, 05:54 PM
All my AC parts I bought from Rock Auto. The '97 parts I bought from a guy building a Spec Miata.

I would also note, it may be worth it to have a shop diagnose what took yours down; leak, bad switch, relay, or mechanical.

RustRat
04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
NA8 and NB have the same AC parts and system in general?

kung fu jesus
04-20-2016, 08:00 AM
There are differences. I know some NBs, maybe all, have a parallel flow condenser. The evaporator valve on the r134a cars may be different, the pressure switch is different between the r12 and r134a cars.

misuzu
04-20-2016, 12:45 PM
All my AC parts I bought from Rock Auto. The '97 parts I bought from a guy building a Spec Miata.

I would also note, it may be worth it to have a shop diagnose what took yours down; leak, bad switch, relay, or mechanical.

Mine is working, just not well. I'd like to leave it to someone else to investigate, but unfortunately the conveniently located shop was about to start disassembling the whole car to figure it out (before I stopped them)... never again.

Performance problems are, of course, harder than simple worky/no-worky to troubleshoot, but I let them know to call me before taking any action and they didn't. I also mentioned it has non-stock (hydra) engine management and the non-stock FM radiator/fan upgrade should be obvious to any mechanic worth his pesos.

I know most of the pieces but a shortage of tools and time make it a question of how much time do I want to waste, or do I want to just try rebuilding the whole system so I know everything is optimal. I've heard converted R134a systems never quite blow ice cubes, and it makes sense, but not enough to not hedge my bets without real data.

For now, I might consider some reasonable window tinting and adding some insulation to the firewall, as I was considering it anyway and could get this done before my road trip. Then I can take more time to properly approach the A/C later.

kung fu jesus
04-20-2016, 12:54 PM
I have seen bits of data here and there. Probably the best I found on converting r12 to r134a was on a BMW e30 forum. Someone documented the compressor and hardware changes and even went so far as to document temp changes at the center vents, including moving to a parallel flow condenser. IIRC, it was colder with all that than the factory spec'd for the r12. My 134 conversion isn't as cold as the r12 used to be, but it's still really effective and works fine for me here. Enough that I usually have to turn it down after a while because I get cold. It's such a small cabin, it doesn't need to be crazy efficient. I run a hardtop year round, so that probably helps. I used sun shields on the front and back windows if I park in the sun, too.

misuzu
04-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Now that you mention it, a sun shield probably helps a lot and I should dig around for mine. If I recall correctly from the last time I measured, sitting in the sun for a few hours can bring my interior to around 120F on a 70 something day :D

Demon I Am
04-21-2016, 10:44 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed having the cockpit cover that I picked up with my hard top stand. You could leave the roof down on a sunny day. Interior stays shaded, cool, and protected from birds/squirrels/heat damage. I need to order a new one.

I have been thinking about a full car cover for the house, though. The driveway is under oak trees, so the car is constantly pooped on.

tsingson
04-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Was very interested in getting one but have the roll bar.

Demon I Am
04-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Worked with all of my rollbars.

In fact, I'd often keep a pool noodle and a tarp in the trunk when the car was topless. the pool noodle was notched to rest on the roll bar and header, like a bikini bar. The tarp would cover the open areas, and the canopy cover would hold it to the car. The pool noodle keep the water from puddling up over the seats.

tsingson
04-21-2016, 11:41 AM
My bad. I was thinking tonneau.

Demon I Am
04-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Though, if you are interested I have an almost new black soft top boot that I modded to fit the rollbar. Was new in bag when I got it, used for maybe 3 months, periodically.

To mod it, I just popped a few of the stitches. I may just sew it back to normal, then sell it.

tsingson
04-21-2016, 01:05 PM
I had one but I don't know if I gave it away. Without a soft top, I don't worry about it being exposed anymore.

JamieH
05-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Cars & Coffee this Saturday in Goldsboro, NC, starts at 8am. Looks like they are trying something different. Some kind of cruise thing, no idea when they will start that or where it goes. I will be at this C&C with Betty

Let me know who is interested. Anthony asked about a possible place to meet up at before going to the C&C. I think the Rosewood Wal-Mart parking lot will work. I'm thinking towards the back of the lot near the Smithfield's Chicken. Address for the Rosewood WM: 2908 Us Highway 70 W, Goldsboro, NC 27530

I can meet those interested at that location and then everyone can follow me to the C&C.

Address for the Cars & Coffee in Goldsboro: S Center St, Goldsboro, NC 27530 It's at the very end of the street past the fire dept. (or at least it was the one time I've been)

http://i.imgur.com/DeBT019.jpg

Only thing I think should be said is that it's kind of a small C&C, I've only been the one time a few months ago. I've heard reports that it got smaller since then, but then again it has warmed up since. Also, chance of rain my keep some people from showing. I'm going to be there rain or shine.

Just thought I'd let y'all know if anyone is interested or is available and looking for something to do this Saturday.

JamieH
05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Just checking if I need to meet anyone at the Rosewood Wal-Mart. Otherwise, I will be driving straight to the C&C location.

tsingson
05-27-2016, 07:16 PM
I am coming through Jamie. What time do you think I should leave? 645?

NCGreasemonkey
05-27-2016, 08:20 PM
I can almost taste the Wilbur's BBQ! <sniff-sniff>

This is prep-weekend for the early June, vaca. week-off, throw a lot of big part on Noir.

—tsingson— Grab a pound of 'Q and some fixin's and head this way the week following June 5th. Cage, V-8 rails, Frog arms and whatever else I have and can get put on installed before a few days of rest week. :frantic:

JamieH
05-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Aight, Anthony, that sounds good. Send me a text when you're on the way. I'll see ya at that WM near the Smithfield's.

Pyr0monk3y
08-07-2016, 05:51 PM
There is a Pho Vietnam going in on Hillsborough Street, walking distance from school :mrgreen:. Reminded me of Pho 919. Any interest in a meet there this week? Wednesday night?

tsingson
08-08-2016, 06:19 AM
At 919?

Pyr0monk3y
08-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Yes, Pho 919, by the Walmart and Smithfields

tsingson
08-08-2016, 08:28 AM
I can do Wednesday. 7pm?

Pyr0monk3y
08-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Sounds good. Who else is coming?

Demon I Am
08-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm supposed to be getting the Mazda back Weds afternoon. If it happens quickly enough, I'll come out. Otherwise, I'll be irate and fighting Raleigh traffic in a Honda civic

Pyr0monk3y
08-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm driving my Civic to the meet. It has a more impressive engine note. And tray sliding. And it might be more fun if me and Anthony drive the clover leaf afterwards.

tsingson
08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Not if I take the airliner....

Pyr0monk3y
08-10-2016, 05:33 PM
About to head out.

tsingson
08-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Leaving now.

Demon I Am
08-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Didn't get the car until 7:30, too much running around.

NCGreasemonkey
08-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Demon, TS and Pyro. My semi-close nut cases.I know y'all have stuff to do. But I am in rebel mode today. Want to meet some where for lunch and take a selfie with Shock Tops flipping off Agent Orange? Just a thought.

336-588-6046 Time to ride. The fever is on.

Demon I Am
08-14-2016, 12:11 PM
I'd love to, but it's ohanna day. Spending the day with lots of the family

NCGreasemonkey
08-14-2016, 02:54 PM
All is well. The Triad buzzed the Triangle. Took a cruise thru Durham, Raleigh and Cary. So if you spotted a NA and thought "Dad's out in the son's car" that was me and Noir. :D

Good start to the day. Semi-crappy mid-trip. Then great ending. Yes, there is a pint of SCNB Q and slaw in the fridge from Alamance Co..

Save the number. If you are running thru here give a shout. If just to shout or in need of some help.

Peace,
Rick

Pyr0monk3y
08-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Sorry to disappoint NCGM, but I was busy for most of today:

http://i.imgur.com/1KqEGzFl.jpg (http://imgur.com/1KqEGzF.jpg)

We ran the Chumpcar 24hr Classic @VIR this weekend and finished 4th overall.

The car survived pretty well apart from two wheels that shattered at the bead from wheel to wheel contact. We have no idea how, but the wheels held air well enough and retained enough structural integrity to survive until stopping fit our pit strategy. I'll post wheel pictures later, but here's the car in impound.

http://i.imgur.com/Nu1KHakl.jpg (http://imgur.com/Nu1KHak.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/3EUuDo1l.jpg (http://imgur.com/3EUuDo1.jpg)

NCGreasemonkey
08-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Hey Pyro. You do it! I hope to be there with you in the next few years. Noir is getting the build time now. And wanted to stress test her on the mid-long haul 40 trip to RDU and back before the Fla. run next April. You know how it is with the gearing and revs. at 70 on a stock engine and driveline. It's 21 years old.

But the new LS diff.( re-bushed ) is here and , hopefully, I get the forged insides before the run to Palozza. Then Noir gets boost. She will not be Chump legal. But you run more than that.

Pyr0monk3y
08-26-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm going to the Wake Forest C&C tomorrow. You guys should come out so we can cruise after.

tsingson
08-26-2016, 12:32 PM
I was going to but I have a few things to take care of in the morning. I might hit up the one in Goldsboro next week.

Demon I Am
08-26-2016, 01:57 PM
I'll be painting a house

JamieH
08-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Helping a friend help his mother move.

Martin
08-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Too far

Golden Stallion
09-01-2016, 01:48 PM
well how is it going guys? Its been a while but Anthony sent me an email this morning and reminded me that I was actually a part of this forum lol.

Pyr0monk3y
09-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Pretty good dude. How's the RX-8 life?

Golden Stallion
09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Its been pretty good. I will officially own the car for a year on the 22nd of this month and no break downs or issues which is new to me coming from a bmw and a 20 year old miata lol. just all my money goes into gas and oil haha. is the miata still you dd or did finally get another one?

Pyr0monk3y
09-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Good to hear man. I'm dd'ing a '97 Civic HX, so that's really nice. It's given me a lot of freedom to work on the Miata, I can take my time now.

Pyr0monk3y
10-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Who's going to Cars and Coffee Morrisville this Saturday. Me and some friends will be there, it would be great to go for a drive afterwards. I'll lead and plow the deer out of the way.

NCGreasemonkey
10-30-2016, 09:26 PM
I'll try. But work that AM. Glad you are plowing. I just reached bag limit on Raccoon and Opossum.

tsingson
10-30-2016, 09:45 PM
I think I can make it but not sure about the drive afterwards.

Pyr0monk3y
11-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Anyone interested in this? It's usually a good time even though there are no right turns.

I have loaner helmets I can bring.

http://i.imgur.com/6W4bQmHl.jpg (http://imgur.com/6W4bQmH.jpg)

tsingson
11-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Does the helmet have to be SA-rated? I have one that is M2005 I think.

Pyr0monk3y
11-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Does the helmet have to be SA-rated? I have one that is M2005 I think.

Just go buy a bucket from home depot and throw some towels in it. If you write an acronym that looks official on it in sharpie, you're good to go. So yea, M2005 is good, you will probably have the best helmet there.

tsingson
11-11-2016, 11:11 AM
As long as I don't have anything going on that day, I am in. I will verify this weekend.

NCGreasemonkey
11-12-2016, 07:35 PM
I soooo want to be there! Work has me tied down if I want to keep the best schedule for the holidays. :cry2:

Demon I Am
12-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Aite, nerds! If you want to swing by the new place at any time on Saturday, PM or txt me for the address. I'm not working on cars, or working on anything at all. It will be mixed company, mostly beer dorks that I call family. Any time betwen 1p-1a will be ok. It's potluck, so if you want to bring something, cool, but it's by no means a requirement. There will be beer (maybe harder stuff, but not by my hands), so stay in your limits; I'm not going to any funerals, and I may force you to take a nap. Facebook is Tony Driver if you do that kind of thing. I have an actual event page set up, too.

See you there, or not. No pressure either way; I'm not your dad (most likely).

NCGreasemonkey
12-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Hey Tony. Shoot me your addy.. I'm off Saturday and feel a rebellious run in my future.

Not saying I'm a wild-child. Too old for that. Just may shun responsibilities and head your way so we can meet and form a game-plan to keep Chief off our stuff. LOL

If others tell you that they are bringing something let me know. I can be kinda handy in the kitchen. But I don't plan on being a sleep-over or the loud drunk. Again too old if I'm not at my own place.

Thanks for the invite!

Peace!

PS Didn't AO say something about Japaneses condiments right after you and I posted in 'Face to the Name'? What better way to punish him than a together post for his viewing pleasure!