PDA

View Full Version : Answered vision for the forum

brontosaurus
12-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I think it's best (seeing as this is meant to be something more of a "quiet" forum, as I've been told) to keep the sections condensed. Everyone is probably quite knowledgeable, so there really doesn't need to be quite as much segregation of topics I think. Non-roadster stuff can be condensed down a good bit. I think having more threads in one area will make people more likely to casually find things to post on, and a "full" looking forum page is a more inviting one in my opinion.

Eunosbaby
12-23-2011, 11:58 PM
But the more complex it is, the less idiots that join :stupid: (I really like that smiley)

Agent☣Orange
12-23-2011, 11:59 PM
I think a mission statement is always handy.

phillyb
12-24-2011, 02:26 AM
i wish everyone used the "new posts" button.
fuck sections

minto
12-24-2011, 06:13 AM
I made a small forum the other week, I currently have jdmtas.com which was pretty big.. so i wanted a small community with little topics and its working out alot better tbh, Its invite only at the moment but I like it.. I like how its small and simple, might be an idea to go with this board?

jnshk
12-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Maybe an entrance exam would be helpful. ;)

(Although I say that somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I have to admit that it really does still sort of appeal to me.)

Agent☣Orange
12-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I hit the "new posts" button only. I'm wearing a hole in my ipad screen. Anyway, as per the other thread, we're still brand new and there is lots of time to tweak this and that as we see how the forum fleshes out. A MazdaRoadster entrance exam would get my vote as well, haha.

kung fu jesus
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I think a lot of us know what we would like to see and what we wouldn't. These ideas are going to be different for each member. I think "earning" privileges based on time, reputation, etc. would be a good "entrance exam", especially for posting ads.

I can tell you from experience that there will be behavior that will be less desired. I hope there are lessons learned that will be accepted and implemented.