PDA

View Full Version : What Process Do You Guys Like to Bleed Brakes?

WaWaZat
04-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Anyone here use power bleeders? Are they much easier than traditional bleeding and worth the cost? If so, which is the best or best bang for the buck?

HarryB
04-25-2016, 03:25 AM
Many ways to skin a cat. I have used a pressure bleeder at the past (FSAE), did not like it. There are also vacuum bleeders. A guy I know uses a very long transparent vacuum hose, attaches one end to the caliper bleeder and the other at a vacuum port on the intake, turns the car on and loosens the bleeder, engine vacuum pulls out fluid and air bubbles, done. Extra long vacuum hose required as a brake fluid trap, brake fluid in your engine does not sound like a great idea. I prefer doing it the old-fashioned way though.

Demon I Am
04-25-2016, 05:44 AM
I built a pressure bleeder, but still don't have the cap top actually use it. Just went with the old school 2 man pedal dance

kung fu jesus
04-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Many ways to skin a cat. I have used a pressure bleeder at the past (FSAE), did not like it. There are also vacuum bleeders. A guy I know uses a very long transparent vacuum hose, attaches one end to the caliper bleeder and the other at a vacuum port on the intake, turns the car on and loosens the bleeder, engine vacuum pulls out fluid and air bubbles, done. Extra long vacuum hose required as a brake fluid trap, brake fluid in your engine does not sound like a great idea. I prefer doing it the old-fashioned way though.

That is brilliant.

I have a Motive bleeder, but my master cylinder does not seem to like the pressure my other cars do.

I prefer a two-person system. One in the car, one on the bleeder valve. The person in car is usually my wife.

Vegard
04-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Two person here as well.

atank
04-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Yep, KFG is correct, but if I were doing > two brake systems a day/week, I would defiantly have to get an auto system.