PDA

View Full Version : What to salvage of a 2002 NB8 for ny 95 NA8 ?

EunosMonster
05-19-2016, 10:56 PM
As title , I have an entire 2002 6 speed car here in Japan , crashed bumper , radiator undamaged ...

I want to transfer parts to my :
NA8C 95 with some mods , coilovers , badly worn stock brakes etc
And NA6C also bad brakes , getting big brakes and diff soon and will get turbo

So far I am grabbing the intake manifold (flat top) to put in a 99 head 94 bottom.
looks to have a standard diff .

Brake master cylinder ?

What else ... +81 9087692212 I use Viber free call app ... I can chat while working and parts are cheap as hell
Peace
Not trying to sell but need advice ...

Phatmiata
05-19-2016, 11:43 PM
get the NB tophats

Satisaii
05-20-2016, 08:15 AM
I bought a wrecked 2005 and transferred everything into a 1991. Engine, transmission, driveline, brakes, all suspension, subframes, wiring harness, (will do ECU at some point), emissions, gas tank (requires cutting and welding) and some of the interior got reused. Almost anything you can pull off of it will work in an NA. Almost easier to list what does not bolt on than what does.

EunosMonster
05-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks Satisaii , I was trying to ask this before but ended up with that mata.net list that says what will fit and is a pretty incomplete one at that. The brakes and the larger master cylinder seems like a good idea but a friend says the brakes are about the same and the brakes in this 6 speed didn't even have twin rotors also I may remove the cylinder after I find out more on rrmoval and if install is direct or not.
Also I will be dropping a clean tank out of a NA8 parts car that I alteady have. Are these any different and do they both require cutting and welding?

Satisaii
05-22-2016, 04:31 PM
The NA8 tank is close to a bolt in. The rubber gasket thing between the tank and the body is slightly different. It did stretch enough to work, but you may opt for the NA8 part instead. The upper tank vents are different, but you can transfer the NA6 stuff over. The NA8 tank is a little deeper, so you need to use the NA8 fuel system components.

EunosMonster
05-22-2016, 09:17 PM
I have an NA6 and an NA8 which I am salvaging for. So I heard the master cylinder is a royal pain to do... So I may just wait till a late car with the sports brakes package pops up in a junk yard , now also wondering if that sports package BMC is any bigger or better than the one thats in this 2002 car.

EunosMonster
05-22-2016, 09:21 PM
I bought a wrecked 2005 and transferred everything into a 1991. Engine, transmission, driveline, brakes, all suspension, subframes, wiring harness, (will do ECU at some point), emissions, gas tank (requires cutting and welding) and some of the interior got reused. Almost anything you can pull off of it will work in an NA. Almost easier to list what does not bolt on than what does.
How does the car feel apart from in the power department ? Would you say it was worth it all?

Satisaii
05-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Not sure about the legal situation on modifying cars there, but on our race cars we do this:

Square top intake (The good news is that is OEM for you)
Header
Intake tube (MAF delete)
Aftermarket ECU (we like Megasquirt here)

Just doing those mods you can get 150 RWHP (CA 91 gas) on a dynojet out of a healthy NB2 engine vs 100 on a OEM NA6. That is a big difference. Cheap, reliable, fun. I have built cars with 200hp ITB (not cheap or reliable but more fun) 300hp Rotrex (really not cheap but very fun) 260hp K20 (super $$$ build, not running yet but 8800 rpm redline should be a screamer.) For all of the cars, the ones we enjoy the most are the simple builds. If you break a $1200 junkyard engine, you just go buy another. When that $8000 ITB engine starts burning oil after 10 hours of run time, it is a different story.

For some reason I thought all the 2001+ had the sport brakes. Maybe that is just here? I am not the best Miata historian on the site. I just modify them. As for the difficulty on a brake swap, well:

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?7203-The-car-named-Mental

Hyper
06-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Where are you located??