PDA

View Full Version : Stolen xxr 513 new and project g ht spoiler (south San Jose, Los gatos)

rolly
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Came out to the worst feeln of seeing my car on bricks this morning.
Stolen from right in fron of my house my new xxr 513 with brand new tires
They r silver lip with dark grey centers, 8inch 0 offset.
Please keep a look out, can't have anything nice.
I thought my area was safe, I am now gonna get an alarm that goes off if u breath on my car.
Also if anyone has some very cheep stockers they wanna sell let me know.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60730156@N04/6811671841/

Oh and they stole my project g hardtop spoiler
Bastards
So they must be after miatas not just wheel thives

Titus
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
That sucks rolly... I hope you find the bastards!

Tekel
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
That sucks man. Hopefully you have insurance...

Also, if they were miata guys they would of probably knocked out your window and snagged your top since they are so easy to get off.

SISKO
02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
that sux man! hope them bastards get caught!

vampireboy
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
will keep a lookout on craigslist good luck man i hope they get what they deserve.

The Platypus
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Damn that sucks. What area are you in in Nor Cal?

EDIT : Nevermind. Read the title.

rolly
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I am in south bay, Los gatos
My hardtop is bolted down with sacurity screw and the car is in front of my house so I think that would be loud.
I don't have full coverage but I am gonna change that today
A bit late I guess
And I am also gonna get a very sensitive alarm today as well
Also a bit late

A hardtop was stolen a few days ago near me as well
And they messed up my ht paint ripping the wing off

theothersawyer
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Why do people have to be so low and steal stuff. This is why people like us can't have nice things

Hope they get caught and get what they deserve and I hope you get your stuff back!

Caoboy
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I will keep an eye out. I'm near the burbank/SCU area.

The Platypus
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I'll keep an eye out up here in the East bay as well.

Small White Car
02-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Why do people have to be so low and steal stuff. This is why people like us can't have nice things

As little as thirty years ago, if you were a POS thief and you got caught red handed being a POS thief, the boys in blue would take time out of their day and give a lesson in respect for other peoples stuff.

And if you came home to mamma with your ass beat and bloody and you told her that you got caught by the cops rippin' someone off and they beat your ass, chances were good she would have went after the parts they missed...

And then you best pack and move because when daddy got home.

Ugh, kids today...

Don't get me started!!!!

ChrisJuliano
02-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Man that really sucks I really do hope you find it :[

rolly
02-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I know what you mean, being about an hour away from Oakland and all that trouble really makes you question where we are going wrong.

rolly
02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
On a side note what do you guys think of these as a replacement for my mia xxr's
Work Equip 01's 4x100
15x8 +25 "A" disk (front)
15x8 +10 "O" disk (rear)

1000 bucks on cl with no tires
I like the looks of them just a bit more then I wanted to spend

iRoadster
02-04-2012, 02:39 PM
What kind of an idiot steals XXR's?!
Also if they stole your cheap as chips wheels, why are you now looking at super baller Works? Do you want it to happen again?

rolly
02-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I am having an alarm installed right now with all the bells and Whistles
What do u think of that offset, I kinda liked the 0 offset look

ChrisJuliano
02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Id go with them but you gotta remember they stole your xxrs...so chances of them stealing ur other wheels are good. I would put 4 different lug nut special key ones on each wheel (even though that dosnt stop them)

hybridtoaster
02-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I am having an alarm installed right now

which won't do shit beyond constantly annoying your neighbours.

itzzspencer
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
man what is it with people stealing xxrs. hope you find the theives. get yourself a nice alarm!

Maikeru
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
You did have wheel locks right?

rolly
02-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I didn't have wheel lock because they where xxr with generic tires, and I live in a nice area where I have never seen or heard of a car left on blocks. I had an 05 Sti with Volks and nice rubber and no locks without any issues.
I would hate to say it but I think the theif stocked me from my build page, so I am no longer going to post mods and upgrades.
I now have a tricked alarm and park the miata in the driveway where I have motion sensor lights. If they
Come back I will come out and say hello this time.

Jammers
02-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Dude no way! you just got them too =[. Ill keep an eye out in Fremont

garageSTAR
02-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear Rolly. I will keep an eye out for them.

jdm slick
02-14-2012, 04:53 AM
sorry for your loss man. Seems like NorCal isn't a place to have a Miata around :/

blenderblast
02-14-2012, 07:21 AM
I didn't have wheel lock because they where xxr with generic tires, and I live in a nice area where I have never seen or heard of a car left on blocks. I had an 05 Sti with Volks and nice rubber and no locks without any issues.

I lived in Apollo Beach (Florida). Where I lived it was nothing but filthy old rich people and huge houses. Extremely nice neighborhood. I had a bad ass sound system in my truck, I never had it turned up when I got on the main road near my street. The one day I wake up and everything was stolen from it. I was in complete shock, since I was in an area that you would never think would get broken into. So no mater where you live.. be prepared.

BoBo
03-06-2014, 08:47 PM
sorry for your loss man. Seems like NorCal isn't a place to have a Miata around :/

Thieves are everywhere specially in a crowded place like the Bay Area, It's good to have a dog & shotgun around if you don't have a garage. I'm glad I'm not in the bay area anymore.Luckily,my neighbor has a dog to alert me.

psulja
03-06-2014, 09:43 PM
*fizz*

mx54life
03-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Hopefully those suckers will get caught. Reminds me of my MR2 stolen from inside my garage.

JLBMX5
03-06-2014, 10:25 PM
I live in a bad neighborhood in the worse part of town. I've had my home broken into. A riding lawnmower stolen. A BBQ grill stolen and my wife had a bad habit of leaving her car doors unlocked so things went missing out of her car. And last I have and old pickup truck I drive once every cpl of months that was broken into for a cheap JVC radio. Naturally when I bought my Miata first thing I purchased was an alarm. It also allowed me to add auto door locks to my car so it was an added bonus. But so far I've had my Miata over a year and a half no problems yet but I did install alarm in middle of day where everyone could see and hear what I was doing and I hit the panic button a few times when I see people walking around the neighbourhood just to let them know. Its alarmed and it works.