PDA

View Full Version : Removed Panjo Software

Phatmiata
04-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Okay originally this was a great service that only charged 2% with 1% coming back to the forum as revenue.

Since that time it has become more of a hassle for many of our users.

So that being said we are going to be removing the Panjo Software from our forum.

We will try to keep all the forum posts though, and move them to the FSOT section.

Please pardon our dust as we adjust the forum guys.

Ihatecars
04-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Okay originally this was a great service that only charged 2% with 1% coming back to the forum as revenue.

Since that time it has become more of a hassle for many of our users.

So that being said we are going to be removing the Panjo Software from our forum.

We will try to keep all the forum posts though, and move them to the FSOT section.

Please pardon our dust as we adjust the forum guys.

Very happy about this.

Panjo had alway seemed like an over complication of something that had worked on other forums for a long time.

Agent☣Orange
04-19-2017, 04:30 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Image-1-2_zpskymorwrb.gif

bogaut
04-19-2017, 06:58 PM
yay!

theothersawyer
04-19-2017, 07:29 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGni1RBAR2OWsGk/giphy.gif

Paul B
04-19-2017, 07:31 PM
yay! this motivates me to sell some stuff now.

NCGreasemonkey
04-19-2017, 08:24 PM

PM me what you got? :ninja:

revlimiter
04-19-2017, 08:49 PM
No one is happier than me. Thanks!!!

http://revlimiter.net/mlp/Untitled-1.jpg

SpeedWorks
04-19-2017, 09:06 PM
This is awesome. I avoided posting stuff for sale here because of panjo.

Now that panjo is going away, will there be a regular "for sale" section for forum members to create sale threads?

Agent☣Orange
04-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Yes. One centralized, local classifieds section that everyone knows and loves to buy and sell stuff (except for NCGreasemonkey who is already trying to snipe parts in this announcement).

Please have a little patience as I cannot guarantee that your current sale threads will survive the Panjo exorcism. If not, you will survive to sell another day. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Just to reiterate, we wanted to offer both local and Panjo ads concurrently because Panjo offered a wider audience but they seized more control of their platform, locking us out of any say in the rates they were charging.

Besides that, please remember that MazdaRoadster.net still does not require anyone to become a paid, supporting member as a condition to selling their wares.

NCGreasemonkey
04-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Feeling the love AO. I have some Advil now, if you still need one!

Agent☣Orange
04-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Advil? Advil???? I beg for a sledgehammer to the side of my head just so I can be unconscious during your PMs to me every night.

fwdtamiya
04-20-2017, 02:34 AM
:smileywave:

Phatmiata
04-20-2017, 06:42 AM
You guys can thank AgentOrange for spearheading this ...... :slayer:

freedomgli
04-20-2017, 08:15 AM
Panjo had alway seemed like an over complication of something that had worked on other forums for a long time.
Actually, classifieds are something that have been a constant thorn in the side of forum admins and members alike for a very long time. They offer a venue that is fraught with risk that often leads to strife and ill will. It's sad that Panjo isn't a valued service anymore as there's still a need for a safe and effective marketplace/ payment processor/ escrow service for niche enthusiasts that is better than Amazon, eBay or Craigslist. Paypal still has a host of problems as a payment processor. Removing Panjo just takes us back to the problems we've had on forums for the past 20+ years, which feels like a disappointing set back.

DarylSibcy
04-20-2017, 03:52 PM

Yay! This motivates me to buy some stuff now too :lol:

bogaut
04-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Actually, classifieds are something that have been a constant thorn in the side of forum admins and members alike for a very long time. They offer a venue that is fraught with risk that often leads to strife and ill will. It's sad that Panjo isn't a valued service anymore as there's still a need for a safe and effective marketplace/ payment processor/ escrow service for niche enthusiasts that is better than Amazon, eBay or Craigslist. Paypal still has a host of problems as a payment processor. Removing Panjo just takes us back to the problems we've had on forums for the past 20+ years, which feels like a disappointing set back.

so long as people pay through paypal goods and services, i dont see there being any issues.

revlimiter
04-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Will the FSOT subforum be merged with the new red classified forum?

TNRooster3
04-20-2017, 09:01 PM
Yaaaaahhhhhhhh! :smileybounce: For some reason, from time to time I was having trouble getting on Panjo from the email links they sent me, and just gave up even looking at stuff on Panjo.

Agent☣Orange
04-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Will the FSOT subforum be merged with the new red classified forum?

Yes, probably tomorrow or Saturday. It won't be that easy though. Moving all posts from one location to another requires putting them all at the start of a thread or all at the end. There is no way to mesh them in by date so some folks will be disappointed to see their ad buried.

In the end, there will be only one classifieds.

NCGreasemonkey
04-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Thank You kind Sir for your hard work and improving the part swapping platform.

Wow! That was cool!

Ok, over it. Back to you and I as us!!! :slayer:

Greasemonkey2000
04-22-2017, 08:52 AM
I DESPISED Panjo and thus didn't post stuff for sale here. I have bought and sold thru several miata forums with no less than 50-60 transactions over the last three years without any real issues. I think cr.net is my favorite for buying/sales mostly due to the feedback system that helps people be held accountable, imo. Really wish this had happened before I parted out Warbird because I wanted to give my favorite forum members a opportunity at some deals on parts.

Martin
04-23-2017, 09:45 AM
FSOT was there before Panjo was removed. I can't explain why it was "hidden" in the culture section, though.

Greasemonkey2000
04-23-2017, 02:03 PM
I found that out mid partout and selling faster than I could list parts kept me from putting the effort forth to create and upkeep another for sale thread....i know shame on me. :fp: Still think a feedback system would be awesome. :)

NCGreasemonkey
04-23-2017, 04:57 PM
I found that out mid partout and selling faster than I could list parts kept me from putting the effort forth to create and upkeep another for sale thread....i know shame on me. :fp: Still think a feedback system would be awesome. :)

Wish you would have parted with that discontinued Marrad seat for the pass. side. But I saw it in Tampa. :whistle:

Agent☣Orange
04-23-2017, 09:03 PM
There were three pages of ads in Miata Culture/FSOT but many ads were from last year. Therefore, I only moved over ads which have been posted since March 2017 which was about a mere six or seven I think. If you had an older ad there, it is now gone.

The FSOT is not only closed but gone along with all its old for-sale threads.

From this point on, there is only ONE classifieds section.

Thank you all for your patience as we reorganize.

Greasemonkey2000
04-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Wish you would have parted with that discontinued Marrad seat for the pass. side. But I saw it in Tampa. :whistle:

The passenger seat came from some one else in Florida, iirc, and the driver seat was one of the last ones Marred had in stock. Really wish he was going to keep making the fiberglass version because I loved it, as did my wife as well, very comfy even after hours in it and held you in place. Well you know this...

Martin
04-24-2017, 07:35 AM
There were three pages of ads in Miata Culture/FSOT but many ads were from last year. Therefore, I only moved over ads which have been posted since March 2017 which was about a mere six or seven I think. If you had an older ad there, it is now gone.

The FSOT is not only closed but gone along with all its old for-sale threads. From this point on, there is only one classifieds section. Thank you all for your patience as we reorganize.

Great, thanks for doing that!