PDA

View Full Version : Hot Wheels Collectors Day @ K-Mart ! Feb 11th, 2012 (Saturday)

Phatmiata
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Because I know we have some Diecast car collectors here (even if you won't admit it)
copy/pasted from this Hot Wheels Club website :blaugh2:

Kmart Collector Day Event February 11th

That oh-so-special day in February is just around the corner. No, we're not talking about Valentine's Day. We're talking about something that's really hot… the Kmart Collector Day Event!

If you have never been to a K-Mart event here is a great video from "Race Grooves" of his day at the event!

http://youtu.be/nVuZbSSpcAw

EVENT DETAILS:

What: Kmart Collector Day event

When: Saturday, February 11th, 2012 at 9:00 AM local times

Where: U.S. Kmart stores (excluding Puerto Rico)

Links: CLICK HERE (http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/StoreLocatorView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10104&i_cntr=1328803201153)for a list of U.S. Kmart stores

One of the best things about being a Hot Wheels collector is the community. It's great to have conversations with others who truly get our obsession with these awesome little cars! One of the best places to meet other collectors is at the Kmart Collector Day events. If you've never been to one, Kmart stores are shipped cases of vehicles packed with special color variations that are EXCLUSIVE to that store, as well as first-to-market releases (not to mention the ever-elusive Treasure Hunt cars). Then the hunt begins, with collectors taking turns opening up those cases.

If you've never been to a Kmart Collector Day event, check out the article below packed with tips on how to make the most of the event. Then head over to your favorite location on Saturday, February 11th at 9:00 AM (your local time) for your chance at exclusive colors and first-to-markets you're destined to love!

Ready to get in on the action? Here's a primer with tips and tricks to help you come home with the Hot Wheels cars of your dreams!

1. Before the event, check the advance article on http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com to see what will be released. You'll also find a list of participating stores so you can find one in your area.

2. Bring a list of what you already have and what you're still looking for. You don't want to waste precious time guessing if you've got everything!

3. ALWAYS get there early. There's usually a line and you want to be in front to ensure you get the primo picks.

4. Bring your family! It's the perfect time to enjoy your Hot Wheels hobby together, and kids have a blast opening the cartons and helping to find those special cars.

5. Be ready to swap and negotiate—that's part of the fun! Some collectors will open a case with something that may not be in yours, and vice versa. Others may not want what they get, but it may be just what YOU need... and vice versa.

6. Grab a shopping cart. When you get too many cars, it's easy to drop them and you may not even notice in all the excitement.

7. We're all part of the Hot Wheels family, so please be courteous to each other. And like Mom always said, pick up after yourself and don't leave a mess.

8. And finally, if you don't get everything you want, that's okay – Kmart loves Hot Wheels and does these events several times a year (usually in February, September and November). There's always another one coming soon!

Special colors variations, first-to-markets, treasure hunts, new friends… if it sounds fun, that's because it is.

Here is the New-To-Market MAZDA RX7 Im sure you can find these in the stores now, but if not you will surely find some at this upcoming event!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7035/6846975969_f0e41ce5f5_z.jpg

NAautoxer
02-09-2012, 06:52 PM
freakin sweet!! may have to.. :D

have you been following Japanese Nostalgic Car? they are working with Jun Imai, the designer of such noteables as that RX7, the Hako Skyline, AE86, 510, and Kenmeri skyline!!

Phatmiata
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
freakin sweet!! may have to.. :D

have you been following Japanese Nostalgic Car? they are working with Jun Imai, the designer of such noteables as that RX7, the Hako Skyline, AE86, 510, and Kenmeri skyline!!

Yes its nice to see this stuff actually make it too production, ive been hounding them on the RLC forums to make some more NA hotwheels but still nothing. Maybe we need to show some vintage looking NAs to the guys on the JNC forums and ask for help ..

NAautoxer
02-10-2012, 05:30 AM
well, they have the mold as they've made them in the past. just mainly hideous colors.. if we could get a fastback.. hehehee.

Phatmiata
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I would actually like to see a mold of the NB or NC released from Hotwheels. Tomy, JL and others have them already.

XCLR8TN
02-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Damn! Just saw this and I'm sitting in the customer longer at the Mazda dealer waiting for my car :(

grueinthebox
02-11-2012, 08:54 AM
No Kmarts down here anymore... :-(

Too bad theres no online fun to be had.

Phatmiata
02-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I over slept, SOB!! :fp: I'm slipping. :cry2:

Oh well, I might still cruise by to look for the peg warmers........