PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting low

Das Miata
02-18-2012, 09:36 PM
So I want to be low I don't have any intention of tracking the car or even driving more than 5 above the speed limit. I've done some research and I love that there's a slammed thread with pretty pics etc. but no one has what suspension they're on. Should I assume everything goes low?

I'm coming from the euro scene so I have no experience with any of the brands that offer coils for miatas. Car is a 99 I'm looking at tein flex atm anyone slammed and love their coils?

Thanks

adamvanxxx
02-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Raceland.

/thread

Das Miata
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Nah raceland is out of the question I want something quality

Leeroy
02-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Nah raceland is out of the question I want something quality

Why?

+1 on Racelands

shenanigan
02-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Megan e z steets. They ride wonderfully

I<3flippyheadlights
02-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Rip out your springs, you will be super low.

adamvanxxx
02-19-2012, 11:47 AM
The lower you car goes the quality of everything decreases.

I<3flippyheadlights
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
The lower you car goes the quality of everything decreases.

fact.

Being low looks awesome, rides like shit compared to stock.

ChrisJuliano
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Get racelands, tein dont go low from what I know, megan ez streets dont. If you wanna be low in your vdub crew you can get any coil and itll be low enough, but if you actually want to be low on miata standards racelands are the lowest coil for the price. Stance coils I am 90% sure are the lowest next step up coil you can buy.

But yeah just get racelands your car will handle and ride like shit so who cares, and you clearly dont care about how cars handle so why waste $ on a coil, thats a typical vdub thing to do, buy exspensive coils and slam it then never drive hard.

Das Miata
02-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the help I'm glad I can't get some positive input from a community of car owners. Looks like I'll buy something and hope it fits my needs since no one wants to help

ChrisJuliano
02-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Racelands are what most slammed miatas are on, we are helping you save money. Get stance if you want to get high quality coils that go low.

adamvanxxx
02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
We fucking told you our input, quit crying.

Maikeru
02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Stance if you want quality. Raceland if you just want to go low. Honestly, if you're just going to daily the car and not push it at all, Raceland is all you need.

The Platypus
02-19-2012, 09:30 PM
What else is there? They named the only coilovers that go super low. We suggested Racelands because they are cheap and go super low and you said you wanted quality so we suggested Stance GR, which also goes super low too, and you say we aren't helping you? What more do you want?

xjdesertfox
02-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for all the help I'm glad I can't get some positive input from a community of car owners. Looks like I'll buy something and hope it fits my needs since no one wants to help

REALLY? the post right above yours lays everything out on the table.

I<3flippyheadlights
02-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Guys he wants us to put them in too. All of you guys suck, god this is a terrible community I mean all of us know nothing. He CLEARLY has a point and all of you missed it..... CLEARLY :teehee:

shenanigan
02-20-2012, 06:22 AM
what is this? clubroadster?
you don't need to put in your smart ass comments along with your "help" .
it's as simple as not typing anything in the quick reply box if you're just going to be rude.

D L M
02-20-2012, 06:55 AM

First of all, posting something like this isn't going to get you a good answer especially since you've already been given suggestions. Take the answers from this thread and do some research on your own. Personally, I think you should just get racelands. Take all the money you save from buying these "crap" coils and invest it in other things. As for quality of racelands, I've put 10k on mine with no problems but I don't do anything but daily drive my car.

adamvanxxx
02-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Racelands and XXRs=Built car.

iamdallas
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
If you want quality and lowness, go for the FortuneAutos that rspeed sells. Height adjustment is independent of pre load and they're completely rebuildable. They're probably a little more that what you're looking for, but with a soft setup you'll get a better than stock ride and as much lowness as you'll desire.

Rspeed.com sells them.

FooSchnickens
02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Get some Tein Flex and then buy my old tophats.

OOOOOMG
02-21-2012, 03:04 AM
remember, if your going LOW your going to need fender modding and such with wider wheels.

recklessabandon
02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
you can get quite low if you just buy tein flex or basics and take out the bottom collar.
also, stance coilovers get you low from what i hear.
my hks coils dont get me as low as my tiens did, but still fairly low.

kung fu jesus
02-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Das miata -

There are numerous manufacturers of good coilovers for the NB platform. Getting low is going to to depend on your budget and preferred style. Out in CA, I see most lowered cars on Teins, Stance or Megan. PM Urban, he had the market cornered on getting an NB low before most others. He should be able to help you out.

urban
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
these guys are giving you shit cause they ran out of advice . they max/d out they're information pool. i guess they like racelands.
but they got one thing right, you have to search for info . hopefully these last couple post will help you.
KFJ gave some good options. the usual are Tein Flex,Stance , or BC.
your looking for a short shock length , which the stance have. the Flex need collars removed, the BC actually have a "get low " package , which includes shorter springs.
your also looking for recessed top mounts. this will salvage some ride quality.
most importantly , they Need to have lower cups , for separate ride height , and preload adjustment. this is standard on most coilovers.
if you really want to ball. get whatever coilover you choose and some Swift springs .
the most common problem with these coils are the springs , they have to many coils , and the coils bind at full compression , reducing shock stroke.
swift will help maintain ride quality, as well as the deep top mounts.

kung fu jesus
02-27-2012, 11:42 PM
The Law. It has been laid down.

jesseshoots
02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Haters gon hate lol

Phatmiata
03-02-2012, 10:35 AM
what is this? clubroadster?
you don't need to put in your smart ass comments along with your "help" .
it's as simple as not typing anything in the quick reply box if you're just going to be rude.

Thank you! I agree, let's Keep the smart ass comments out. If people want to get rude/nasty we can show them the door pretty easy.

Tein is probably the best bet, one of the guys in my local club has the Tein basic coilovers and it was lower than my Tanabe Coilovers (even with mine on the lowest setting!)

I like the idea Urban has with using a different set of springs!! Im might have to try that next time I'm in the market for Coilovers.

Frenchmanremy
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Racelands,

Because 400$ for full suspension and 2 yr warranty is the price of four shocks alone......
what have you got to lose?

The Platypus
03-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Stance GR + Swift springs is perfect from what I've heard.

Das Miata
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Just ordered a set of Stance I'll report back after install

tsingson
08-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Have these been installed yet?