PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Login Timing Out?

morr
02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
This seems to be a hit or miss problem for me when logged in, but I've noticed that when I'm viewing a thread and I click on the MR logo on the upper left to go back to the main page or click the bookmark on my toolbar (to the same page) it logs me out. It seems to happen every 3-4 times of logging in. I'm not sure if this is the forum or my own version of Firefox causing this... any input?

phillyb
02-29-2012, 06:50 PM
haven't had this happen to me. also using firefox.
cookies enabled?

morr
02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Yep, cookies enabled.

MazRoadAdmin
02-29-2012, 09:28 PM
There is a timeout, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe 20 minutes?

If you check the "stay logged in" box next to the login button, you stay logged in until YOU log yourself out. I generally stay logged in for days without an issue.

morr
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
I made sure to check that box to stay logged in. The only explanation I could come up with for my toolbar link not working is because I bookmarked it when I wasn't logged in. For example, I just opened a new tab, clicked the MR bookmark and it opens up showing that I'm no longer logged in :shrug:

edit: Weird... after typing that and clicking Post Reply it made me log in again but automatically posted it.

re-edit: After my first edit I clicked the big MR logo to go back and it logged me out :gonk:

phillyb
02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
log out - literally click on log out.
close your browser.
open it.
go to mazdaroadster.net
enter your username and password.
make sure that remember me is checked (or however the fuck it's worded)
let "us" (them) know.

MazRoadAdmin
02-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Yep, that's pretty much it. If this was a widespread problem, I'm sure we'd hear about it all the time.

If you're "remember me" logged in, you should stay logged in until you log out, or the server reboots (which doesn't happen very often).

Try what phillyb suggested. Maybe even go as far as to reboot after closing your browser. If that doesn't work... you can try clearing your cookies and see if that helps. You seem to have some sort of glitch somewhere.

morr
03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
^I figured it was just an issue on my end. I finally just re-bookmarked the forum main page while logged in and it seems to have fixed the issue :fp: haha. Thanks for the help though guys!

MazRoadAdmin
03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Rock on! :slayer: