PDA

View Full Version : *Official 2012 alms/wec 12 Hours of Sebring Mazda Car Corral*

kabel
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
This year marks the 60th Anniversary of the 12 Hours of Sebring, race weekend is March 15-17, 2012

We officially have a Mazda Car Corral again this year.
Better late than never and we really hope to make it an inviting place for all Mazda owners (compared to last year).

We still do not have all of the details, but I can tell you what I do know and what we HOPE will happen…

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to visit & hang out in the Mazda corral no matter what ticket you have!

Location is track side just past Turn 6 (Big Bend) leading into Turn 7 (Hairpin). This is the same location as last year.
There will be a tent & portalets.

We are planning to have a TV in the tent showing a feed of the race. We are also trying to arrange for snacks and drinks in the tent for most of Saturday. Mazda NA arranged for the corral space and Classic Mazda of Orlando intends to host the tent in the corral. We may need a few volunteers to help out in the tent & corral through out the day. We are trying to keep things simple, I feel that is the key when you are a volunteer; too complicated means too much work which means not enough fun. ;-)

Mazda car corral parking will be on a first come first serve basis, and the priority is for Mazda vehicles. Our Hope is that anyone driving a Mazda, with a ticket + infield parking pass can park in the corral (last year Sebring would only allow those with specific car corral tickets to park in the corrals). If it becomes obvious later in the day on Saturday that there is space for non Mazda vehicles we will let allow Mazda owners with non Mazda vehicles to park in the corral as well, IF Sebring allows us to do that. We do not yet know is if Sebring will relinquish control of the car corral to us completely or not.

As we receive additional information we will pass it along to you...

kabel
03-12-2012, 08:16 AM
p.s. pm me if you want to attend the race & park your Mazda in the Mazda car corral, I might be able to help :wink:

kabel
03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Hello? :ninja:

Remember Everyone is welcome and encouraged to visit & hang out in the Mazda corral no matter what ticket you have.

We are going on the assumption that if you have a ticket, have an infield parking pass and are driving your mazda, you can park in the Mazda car corral.

theothersawyer
03-14-2012, 11:38 PM
I will be at the race, but will not be in my car. We will be taking my dads car to the track.

Also, I will be rocking my mazdaroadster shirt on Saturday, so if you see me then stop me and introduce yourself! :D

kabel
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
I was grateful for the participation we did have at the Mazda car corral this year. I met a lot of new friends at the corral this year too. Thanks to everyone that attended and helped out. :thumbs:

I've uploaded almost all of my photos here: kabelphoto - 2012 Sebring 12hrs - All (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kabelphoto/sets/72157629594882883/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7209/6847055390_5380bf8464_b.jpg