PDA

View Full Version : Nielex Short Shifter & Beatrush bushing

vote4pedro
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I replaced the stock shifter with a short shifter from Nielex. It gives nice precise shifting
and has a good overall feel. One extra benefit of the Nielex shifter is that the shifter has an adjustable shaft,so I can actually change its length a bit to a preferred height. This adjustability also allows for re-alignment
of the shaft threads which in turn allows for proper alignment of any shift knob - I hate it when the shift pattern on top, or some other part of a knob is off center.:(
While there, I also replaced the upper and lower rubber shifter boots. The shift boot rubbers were tissue paper
thin from general wear and tear. I also replaced my cracked factory plastic bottom shifter bushing with a Beatrush brass bushing. I have read that some people 'know of' or 'fear' that the metal bushing will destroy their transmissions innards. Well, I have had it in for about 6 years now w/o a problem. Mazda Speed also offers an aluminum replacement bushing, so I guess that trumps the theory of the metal bushing causing woes.
In any case, some nice pieces that I have added, and I put in Red Line Synthetic trans oil FTW.

Phatmiata
03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Nice!! Still kicking myself for selling my Mazdaspeed SSK. Using a stock one vs a SSK feels weird after so many years with that SSK.

CeeJaayDM
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
it looks good man. any pix installed?

vote4pedro
03-20-2012, 11:18 AM
it looks good man. any pix installed?

there are pics of it installed in my build thread.

Phatmiata
03-21-2012, 11:50 AM
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?1435-Some-M2-goodness

His build thread ^^^ Nice parts as always. I'm starting to think you hoard more parts than me! :shock:

vote4pedro
04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Just put another shift knob in for the heck of it. I love that adjustable shifter shaft.