PDA

View Full Version : Boss Frog Clearview Maxx roll bar

Stumpy
03-22-2012, 04:00 PM
www.bossfrog.biz (http://www.bossfrog.biz) (Boss Frog Clearview Maxx Roll Bar)

Had a great experience from them. Though, they might not be able to say the same about me.

I ordered a bunch of parts off their website to be installed at their shop.

They were quick to refund the shipping charges and extra parts I ordered by mistake. (I did not even have to say anything about it).

Got to the shop on the day of my scheduled install. It was then, that Todd saw my car. To only tell me I ordered the wrong roll bar.
I ordered the one for the Hardtop and not the Soft. Being the awesome guy he is, Todd told me that they have ONE other in stock that was a special powder coated silver that they could give me for the same price (though it was $40 more).

Todd made sure I was aware of everything he was going to do to my car for the install, to make sure there were no surprises.

Being that it takes 5-6 hours to do the install. Todd offered me the Shop Truck, so that I could drive to downtown Monroe to hang out.

It was a beautiful St. Patrick's day. The town was bumpin and the time flew by.

Todd called me and told me he was done. I went back to the shop to find my car sporting its new, wonderfully installed silver roll bar.

I could not be happier with the install. He did such a great job.

THEN, I did something REALLY stupid. I drove home. I drove home with their Shop Truck key in my pocket. It was not till I got home. Almost three hours later that I realized what I did. I quickly called Todd and told him I would turn around and drive it right back. Even though Todd did not have a back up key, he told me that it was fine that I just mail it back. So nice of him. Saved me over 5 hours of driving for my stupid mistake.

I got home. Took one look at my roll bar and thought. Needs to be black. So I covered my car in plastic. Masked off other parts and Plasti-Dipped four coats of black onto it. I am very happy with how it turned out.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-O0fieGqr0tM/T2X-da-WroI/AAAAAAAAHak/0YzMZgICb34/s800/RollBarAddedClose.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-AhHDtjv6ZtQ/T2X-aBK-6zI/AAAAAAAAHac/H52BRS5rfr4/s800/RollBarAdded.jpg

Bottom Line:

- Boss Frog = Awesome.

- Stumpy (Me) = Idiot.

blenderblast
03-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Could you take closer pictures of the roll bar.
It looks nice!

morr
03-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Nice review! Great customer service always goes a long way. I love the plastidip look too... makes it look OEM. I've got the same bar and love it. My only gripe (which is my fault) is that since I lowered my car, the top of the bar actually does block my view a bit :lol:

Andy
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
I just installed my double hoop today. I can not be any happier. I did not do the install my self but I have absolutely no complaints, and love the chassis stiffness. Would by again.

hippari
03-31-2012, 03:28 AM
Bossfrog has gotta be a bunch of saints, sounds like you were a pain in the ass. lol

Err, no offence. =p

Stumpy
04-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Bossfrog has gotta be a bunch of saints, sounds like you were a pain in the ass. lol

Err, no offence. =p

No offence taken. I am the worst. I really try not to do stupid things.

Bossfrog really are stand up people. Thus why I started this thread. Only way I could think of "Paying" them back for their kindness and understanding.

tsingson
06-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Great review! I think that customer service really goes a long way.

maharaj
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Any major difference between this bar and one from Hard Dog?

Siringo
09-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Biggest difference seems to be the separation of the diagonal bars where it meet the top loop on the Boss Frog and not on the Hard Dog. It gives a clearer view out the rear view mirror. I installed the Boss Frog on my NB last weekend with a buddy who had done two other installs before. Still took 8 hours, but came out great.

AHHthatsJDMyo
09-03-2012, 09:26 PM
that bar looks great! i think ill go look at that price tag now.

3MiataFamily
01-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Rick at Boss Frog is the best...my buddy has his V8 conversion kit..and just about everything else in the catalog on his car...rick was the first person that made a donation to our Fireball run adventure last September..( http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?3350-Fireball-Run-Adventurally-Northern-Exposure) and we have 2 of the Twin Hoop in the driveway..and a friend has the Twin Hoop also...quality parts..that look good.

wannafbody
01-04-2013, 11:33 PM
It's hard to tell from the angle of the pictures but the BF seems to bend back a bit more than the HD M2. But after looking at the BF website the height of the BF bar should be roughly the same as the HDm2.