PDA

View Full Version : Work Meister S1 2-piece 15" A-Disk brake clearance.

Opgedronken
03-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I've posted this on CR, but I'm posting it here too since some of the people with the dopest shizzzz have deserted CR :P.

I've noticed a lot of people getting meisters lately.
Since I can't get Equips in a high enough offset for my new setup I'm going to have to go with Meisters.
Not that that's a bad thing by the way, I've always pinned them as my next set of wheels, but I got kinda attached to the Equips.

Anyway.

I need to know hom much brake clearance I will have in 15" Meisters with the A-disk hub thickness.
On my Equips (also A-disk) I need a 25mm spacer.

Thanks,

Opgedronken!

Tkblazer
03-31-2012, 07:45 PM
What brake setup do you have? If you can make a template, you can email that to a work dealer and they can find out if it will fit

Opgedronken
03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
I've got 280mm rotors with Porsche Boxster (Brembo) calipers, they fit quite nicely, it's just that they foul the wheels without a 25 mm spacer :P.
Making a template and sending it to Work is a good idea, I'll certainly do that, I just think they'll count in a huge amount of clearance for legal reasons.

Driftdevil
03-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Can answer your question but, can you give us more info on how you did the brake swap?

Opgedronken
04-01-2012, 05:42 AM
It's pretty easy to put another caliper on the car, the only slightly tricky bit is perfectly measuring out (and to a certain extent machining) a caliper bracket that will put the caliper in the right place.

kung fu jesus
04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Cody should know what disk amd offset you need (coupeloop).

Coupeloop
04-04-2012, 03:04 AM
most wheel companies should have a diagram of the inner barrels. but idk dont seem to find one for the meister
but at this point i only suggest you measure from mounting face of the rotor to how much ur caliper sticks forward (out towards the side of the car) and also measure from center of wheel hub to the edge of caliper. pretty much the radius for inner barrel clearance. if its too big then you obviously gotta bump up the size
for the meister since its more of a sporty wheel from work. those things are taken in to consideration in design for the high disk faces. however since im not sure how big whatever brakes you're running, all that research is left up to you. but if you call Work (usa would prob be best) they can figure it out for you if you give them the numbers

diagram in which i'm talking about is along the lines like this.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/hibnah/DiscDiagram.gif

Opgedronken
04-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks man!
I'm sure they will fit in the diameter of the Meisters. They fit fine in my Equips with room to spare, it just needs a spacer.
Anyways I will probably rebarrel the Equips sometime in the future, as you can't get the size I want originally from Work anyway.
Until that time I'm going to go with a set of 15x10 6UL's on which I will have the front ones made narrower by .5" if I don't like how a 225/45/15 R888 looks on a 10.
The look I'm shooting for is more or less that of the RWB Porsches with a twist, so I need a little stretch, but not noticably so.
I can't deny your car is at least of some inspiration to me as well, so thanks again!