PDA

View Full Version : Question about the windshield wiper

Vash
04-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Hello guys, wonder if any of you NA owners have had the same symptoms before:
I just recently noticed that my windshield wiper only work on "high" setting. When using the windshield washing function, The washer motor still work, however the wiper wouldn't follow.

Where should I start looking? Any indications are well appreciated!

bedheadben
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
That's really odd that the motor still moves but the blade doesn't. Pop open the hood and look in the cowl with it on the different settings and see if there is anything obviously amiss.

Edit: Oh, I get what you're saying now, I thought you meant it didn't work on intermittent :fp:

It sounds like you just need a new relay or switch, but probably a relay.

Vash
04-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your pointer! Sorry I wasn't very clear on what's going on.
This seems to be a intermittent problem indeed, since I tried the stalk again earlier today and it worked on every setting as if it have never malfunctioned ..lol

I hope I am not being annoying, but if you may also give me an idea on which realy(s) that I shall look for that will be really helpful, thanks again!

That's really odd that the motor still moves but the blade doesn't. Pop open the hood and look in the cowl with it on the different settings and see if there is anything obviously amiss.

Edit: Oh, I get what you're saying now, I thought you meant it didn't work on intermittent :fp:

It sounds like you just need a new relay or switch, but probably a relay.

bedheadben
04-07-2012, 12:28 PM
After some further looking, I've found that the Miata actually has no wiper relay, so it's probably the switch then. Is there any way you could get a new one of those combo switches easily to test it out?

It's always hardest to solve a problem when it's intermittent, and unfortunately electrical problems are often that way.