PDA

View Full Version : Resolved No categories in GROUPS...

MiataLife
12-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Can you add different Categories in the "Groups" section?As of right now the only option is "Uncategorized".

Phatmiata
12-26-2011, 10:00 AM
?? Categories in what groups? Can you be more specific?

MiataLife
12-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Under "Community" you have a groups section. So far SOCM group and a KINOD group as well as a Florida friends group.

Here is a link to the SOCM group for example: http://mazdaroadster.net/group.php?groupid=1

When you create these groups it gives you the option to select a category. However currently it only gives a standard "uncategorized".

Agent☣Orange
12-26-2011, 10:09 AM
After reading your question, I thought I'd test it out by creating Florida friends and then I was going to add Tampa and Orlando sub categories (if that's what you meant) but I don't see that as an option. You either have a main group or nothing.

MiataLife
12-26-2011, 10:16 AM
After reading your question, I thought I'd test it out by creating Florida friends and then I was going to add Tampa and Orlando sub categories (if that's what you meant) but I don't see that as an option. You either have a main group or nothing.

^My thoughts exactly ( but for me I was looking for a California Section) I just thought it would be great if maybe we can have categories to make searching for groups in the future easier.

I know the threads already exist on the forum but this groups feature is cool because your "group" can subscribe to it.

MazRoadAdmin
12-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Looks like groups so far are mostly local groups. So, I created a "Local Clubs" category. Feel free to use it.

As other groups are created, we can add additional categories as needed. If needed.

This is sort of like having a bazillion sub-forums, only it's less critical. With the forums, it's a LOT easier to have things set up right from the start and weed out or combine unused/under-used groups later if you want. For groups, I think it will be easier and more logical to just create group categories as-needed.

MiataLife
12-26-2011, 03:47 PM
^ perfect. Thank you for adding it.