PDA

View Full Version : May 27 Supercar Sunday Meet and Cruise.

Grumpy
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
April was good, we had about 16 Miatas at the meet, and 5 of us went for a drive afterwards (had 2 non Miatas join us as well)
Date: 5/27/2012
Time: We will leave the meet around 10-10:15 when the meet is over.
This will allow for folks to gather in one spot of the parking lot to leave together. This drive is going to be a cruise, not a speed run. Some of the guys at our Camarillo meet expressed interest, but not if it was a speed run. This run is for you! Projected route is the same as April, except we will end at Neptune's net for lunch. Total route time will be approx 2 hours, according to mapquest at any rate. I will have printouts of the route at the meet for those who want to drive. After losing someone in traffic at the start, last time, I have learned my lesson, LOL. If enough folks want to have Lunch at Island Burgers on Kanan, instead of Neptune's Net, we could do that instead. We can decide at the overlook of the Snake.

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/askut/SSunday032711/IMG_9894.jpg

Ted7
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Last time was lotsa fun!

Small White Car
05-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Ted! Where's the video man?!

Mexican_Guy
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
if i dont work on sunday i down, were is the meeting?

Small White Car
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Corner of Erwin and Topanga Canyon in Woodland Hills. North of the 101 about a half mile. Unless you're blind or stupid, it's difficult to miss.

Afterwards the route is as follows...

Topanga south to Mulholland Drive west to Mulholland Highway south.

Okay enough north/south bullshit. Pay attention because this is where EVERYONE fucks it up, once you pass Old Topanga Canyon Road you go about two and a half miles and at the end of a rather long downhill stretch with a 55 mph speed limit, you'll need to make a LEFT about 100 yards from a blind corner on a road with a 55 mph speed limit...

I know why it's called Stunt Road.

You'll need to look for a 'T' intersection sign on the right and your next left is Stunt Road.

http://www.decalsplanet.com/img_b/vinyl-decal-sticker-8043.jpg

Please be polite when cruising the first ¼ mile of this road as it is residential, once you pass the last home on the left into a right hand sweeper, GO! There are a few more homes on this road but no blind driveways.

Stunt will eventually end at Saddle Peak Road/Schuerin Road, here you go LEFT onto Saddle Peak. Drive safely as there are homes along this road although there are a couple of nice sections where you can max out the speed limit which I believe is 45 mph

:whistle:

This road will lead you to another T intersection at Tuna Canyon Road where you will want to make a RIGHT turn, this piece of road is single track with homes on both sides at times and is full of blind corners, please drive accordingly for your surroundings. About two miles in you will come to a gate, this is where the fun begins, the road narrows and begins to drop at an alarming rate BUT it is now a one way street headed towards the ocean. I am not responsible for any of you piling it up into the wall/sailing over the cliff. This road is steep, narrow and very tight and can make your brakes smoke quite easily. You have been warned.

Once you get to the canyon floor it's a rough ass road out to P.C.H. and I mean rough, I'm sure it's neglected on purpose however the top 7/8ths are awesome fun.

So from there you are dumped northbound Pacific Coast Highway, we ran the short route last time, it's fun but fuck that I want Latigo this time, a good ten miles up the Coast Highway but unfortunately on the wrong side, oh well. Making the RIGHT onto Latigo Canyon Road, it climbs mainly up hill back towards the valley with the occasional plunge into the depths of the canyon before depositing you onto Kanan Road. Making a right on Kanan to Mulholland Highway and the top of The Snake.

From The Lookout, you travel east on Mulholland Highway towards the rock store and Los Virgenes.

We can discuss more later.

Check it out on the map, it's a fun ride, even in a slow assed car like mine.

:slayer:

Grumpy
05-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Mike you evil bastich! Posting the route online, and then changing it on me? oooo you little.... ;)
Glad I haven't printed advance maps out! LOL Just for that I should make you lead again. hehe

Mexican_Guy
05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Corner of Erwin and Topanga Canyon in Woodland Hills. North of the 101 about a half mile.

oh yea i know that place, will el negro smith has a house 2 blocks away from there

Small White Car
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Mike you evil bastich! Posting the route online, and then changing it on me? oooo you little.... ;)
Glad I haven't printed advance maps out! LOL Just for that I should make you lead again. hehe

I had to do it man, they need to learn it before we get out there and then when anyone get lost after the first turn, I feel even less bad about it than I do now.

:p

All I can say is keep up!

I'm slow compared to Ted and Jeremy.

But then again I'm not supercharged or in an NC so...

Ted7
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Ted! Where's the video man?!

Told you, sound is fucked up :(

Got a new GoPro, for next time...

Grumpy
05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
update for Sunday! We'll be leaving after the show, so about 10:15-10:30, give the lot a little time to clear out so we can gather in one place. Not likely we'll get many together during the meet. I will have maps available for the planned route.

Ted7
05-24-2012, 07:29 PM
If I get there late can someone save me a spot close to my Miata brothas? Well even 2 spots since I'll probably show up with wife and her own Miata...

Grumpy
05-24-2012, 08:13 PM
can try. not sure what time I'm getting there just yet, waiting on a response from folks i may be caravaning with

Mexican_Guy
05-26-2012, 09:47 AM
if i dont work i be there i need a day off a.s.p. xD

Mexican_Guy
05-26-2012, 07:01 PM
If I get there late can someone save me a spot close to my Miata brothas? Well even 2 spots since I'll probably show up with wife and her own Miata...

looks like i be there!
clients cancel the day so i be there, the question is were you park grumpy?
there is a spot for miatas only?
if there is one, i can save you 2 teddy

Grumpy
05-26-2012, 08:36 PM
nope, no spot for miatas only. The only reserved section they allow is for the featured marque, ( Porsche this time) Other than that they say no saving spots. I plan on being there 7 ish.

Ted7
05-26-2012, 10:57 PM
We'll take off from OC at 5:45 so I guess we'll be one of the few in the parking like last time.

Mexican_Guy
05-27-2012, 08:19 AM
leaving now whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Small White Car
05-27-2012, 01:06 PM
So...

Worked all day yesterday, woke up around 10am.

Well, there's always next month.

Grumpy
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
awesome day. Missed you Mike!

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/askut/carstuff/IMAG0465.jpg

Mexican_Guy
05-27-2012, 08:22 PM
i got home and i fall to sleep like damm i.d.k. xD ted cel call me, like 2 times, i was hello? hellooooo? all i heard was nedas fa fa te mi mishitino fe la fa suu O____________O hahahahahahahahahhahahah

Grumpy
05-27-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm definitely not gonna make it til 10 tonight... If I'm lucky I'll make 9. All that sun just took my energy!

Mexican_Guy
05-27-2012, 09:01 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8063/dsc00185ad.jpg

the end!

backinblack
05-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Here was today's drive all plotted and color coded to speed. It was a great time :)

http://i.imgur.com/F1XbO.jpg

Mexican_Guy
05-28-2012, 12:47 PM
thats the app? damm!

red zones are cyclist fault lol

Ted7
05-28-2012, 12:48 PM
i got home and i fall to sleep like damm i.d.k. xD ted cel call me, like 2 times, i was hello? hellooooo? all i heard was nedas fa fa te mi mishitino fe la fa suu O____________O hahahahahahahahahhahahah

That was Serge's stomach noise... he's a bad co-driver... he just learned that Miata's aren't all chick cars ;)

Ted7
05-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyway, a very good drive yesterday! It was amazing, even better than last month! Will do it again... and again... and again...

Ted7
05-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Here was today's drive all plotted and color coded to speed. It was a great time :)

No, the speed on the map is wrong... so wrong :D

backinblack
05-28-2012, 03:37 PM
those are average speeds across samples taken from inside my car Ted7, I didn't want to account for your average speed in a public forum ;P

Ted7
05-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Well it was on a closed course no?

Grumpy
05-28-2012, 08:06 PM
ROFL. No, not really a closed course, though Tuna is about as close as it gets I guess. LOL

Mexican_Guy
05-28-2012, 11:28 PM
That was Serge's stomach noise... he's a bad co-driver... he just learned that Miata's aren't all chick cars ;)

i was wondering why he left you car hahahahahahhaha

Ted7
05-29-2012, 01:18 AM
i was wondering why he left you car hahahahahahhaha

he left it... twice!