PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting into trunk!

PatrickYP
05-22-2012, 08:58 PM
So I did the trunk latch disable on my trunk so I cannot open the trunk from the inside of the car. Today I threw a bunch of stuff into the trunk of my car and I wasn't able to open my trunk when I got out so I need help getting it open. When I try inserting my key into the keyhole, it spins about half a turn but it doesn't unlatch the trunk so I cannot get to my backpack. What should I do to get my trunk open if I cannot use the latch on the inside or using my key?!

RetroModern
05-23-2012, 03:47 PM
dynamite.

jp. youve gotta drill a hole behind the plate where the cable resides (assuming you didnt remove the cable) and use a needle nose plier to yank on the cable.

Agent☣Orange
05-23-2012, 04:04 PM
What about a locksmith? AAA? Or is the cable disengaged at in the trunk instead of the console?

iRoadster
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I did the engine delete for my car yesterday. Now my car won't start. Help!

fitftw
05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
pull back the carpet from the back shelf, remove the bigass metal shield that has like 25 10mm bolts, then you can see into the trunk and figure it out from there.

PatrickYP
05-26-2012, 08:55 PM
What about a locksmith? AAA? Or is the cable disengaged at in the trunk instead of the console?

I disconnected the cable in the trunk so I cannot open it from the inside of the car. Then for some reasons, the hinge that is connected from the keyhole to the latch happened to fall off leaving the key completely ineffective.

I pulled off the carpet and everything on the interior so I could access the trunk but there doesn't seem to be any way that I will be able to open the trunk through that method since the passage from the cabin to the trunk is too small to do anything

RetroModern
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
youve got a few options ranging from minor to major:
1. reach inside through the tunnels on either side of the gas tank with something long enough to reach the lever on the latch. you can trip it that way.

2. like i said, take off the plate and start drilling until you find the metal rod that connects your keyhole to the latch. grab it with a set of needle nose and yank right. close up the hole(s) with silicone, or if youve got the skills, weld it shut.

3. start drilling/cutting up through the spare tire well (assuming you took that out too). Then weld it shut again.

4. cut through the trunk lid.

5. dynamite.

I did the engine delete for my car yesterday. Now my car won't start. Help!
i admit i laughed. :D

bedheadben
06-04-2012, 05:40 PM
youve got a few options ranging from minor to major:

I wish I could +rep you for that haha. I would agree with trying the first method. Patience and luck will get you through it.

emtran
06-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I did the drilling method and it only took me about 30 minutes (mainly having to keep drilling to get the pliers to fit). Drill into the right dimple behind your plate about a half inch off center toward the top right. The release rod runs diagonally in the same direction and it should be pretty easy to get to. The hole is hidden nicely behind the place so long as you dont tell anyone its there.

terranwelder
06-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Packed alot of stuff for my trip to yellowstone last summer. So much stuff that it actually broke the plastic end of the rod that gets pulled. First I taking out the metal panels but I forgot the trunk was packed with bags lol. Second thing I did was drilled out the lock completely(no internet service so I couldnt get on M.net for advice lol)didnt work. So I went to my final solution and just crow barred the side of my trunk enought till I was able to pull out clothes out of he bags and finally the bags lol. And now the fun part, pics of old car once I got home and one of a my trip =]. Ps notice my new trunk in second pic?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8013/7405021418_1d8e4ce4bc_z.jpg http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7095/7405019578_3128f9d621_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7097/7405022708_577a8c14c9_z.jpg

bedheadben
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
hahaha that's awesome. Any other explanation for taking a crow bar to your trunk and I probably would have thought you were crazy! I would have just washed the clothes I had on and called AAA, props on getting it done though.

terranwelder
06-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Trust me it hurt me to do it, but my girl couldnt live life with out our stuff for a week lol. Did so much off roading during the trip it was so worth it.