PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Feedback about Comments in FS Threads

iamdallas
05-29-2012, 03:19 AM
I understand the reasoning and all, but I think it's driving folks away from this site. It's a little bit strange to not be able to make discussion about things in for sale threads. People want to be able to say things like, "wow this is a great deal!" and bump a for sale thread. Douches will be douches though, and I understand that this way is more organized.

But, it takes away from the 'forum' atmosphere and it just seems strange to me. I feel restricted. Just some feedback, because I want you guys to succeed!

I want to GLOAT that I got stuff, too. haha :teehee:

MazRoadAdmin
05-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Mods are discussing.

revlimiter
05-29-2012, 09:34 AM
No comments in FS threads makes it look like there's zero traffic on this site. At least, that's the perception it gives me. Sorry for being blunt about it.

psulja
05-29-2012, 09:37 AM
I feel the same way, Adam.. We'll have to wait and see what the big boss says ;)

Agent☣Orange
05-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I think that's a bit extreme actually. To me, not having a bunch of worthless baggage in sale threads makes them much cleaner and easier for prospective buyers to read. The forum as a whole still gets a ton of traffic where it matters, in topics that deserve to be discussed.

Willywongka
05-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't mind the lack of comments in the FS threads too much but I personally wished all the stuff for sale was in one thread as opposed to separate sections. I don't like going into each section to see if there is something I am interested in. Might be just me though.

psulja
05-29-2012, 08:50 PM
I know what you mean. It's easier for general browsing when everything is together but way easier to find something specific when it is set up like this. Everything is much more organized this way which I like. Doesn't take you a couple pages to find what you're looking for.

I<3flippyheadlights
05-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Why not both? Like new posts and then have separate sections. I like one giant list personally.

Phatmiata
05-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Why not both? Like new posts and then have separate sections. I like one giant list personally.

Looking into this, we should have an answer for you guys this weekend.

PharoX
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't mind the lack of comments in the FS threads too much but I personally wished all the stuff for sale was in one thread as opposed to separate sections. I don't like going into each section to see if there is something I am interested in. Might be just me though.

I'm with you on this. Too much to navigate through the different sections. I would understand the sections if we had crazy amounts of items posted each minutes, to stop people from bumping from 3 levels down. But at this point here nor at the other place... has it ever been a problem.

Forsale sections definitely pulls in more members as there are more lurkers than posters and that's always good for any forum site.

Phatmiata
05-31-2012, 08:45 PM
We are looking at a way to create a "Recent Posts" just for the For Sale section where they will all be grouped but once you click on it will take you to the individual section.

PS PharoX why are you selling that sexy Nielex Console?

PharoX
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
We are looking at a way to create a "Recent Posts" just for the For Sale section where they will all be grouped but once you click on it will take you to the individual section.

PS PharoX why are you selling that sexy Nielex Console?

Hey Phat, I'm actually sharing it, since I've been hogging 2 of them...lol.
They are much more beautiful in person.

Phatmiata
05-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey Phat, I'm actually sharing it, since I've been hogging 2 of them...lol.
They are much more beautiful in person.

hhaha you parts hoarder!! Yes I know, I have the shifter area, but still looking for the transmissions tunnel runner plate and back plate that surrounds the gas and trunk release area.

iamdallas
06-01-2012, 12:31 AM

Yeah. I'm gonna break out some honesty here. I just look on other forums when I"m browsing whats for sale because I know that I can see recently bumped threads. I'm just looking for deals, nothing specific. I think a lot of people shop on forums that way. But, I don't want the sections to go away. That's super useful when I want to look for something specific.

Phatmiata
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Not taking that away, we would be keeping the sections but adding something for recent posts, for the guys looking for deals and all. :P

MazRoadAdmin
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Personally, I hate it when people who aren't involved in a particular forum "community" swoop in on the deals that someone put out on that forum for the members of that forum. If I want to sell something to a broader market, I'll put it on eBay!

Phatmiata
06-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Okay, the "replies" have been enabled on the Classified ads,

Please READ the new UPDATED RULES again BEFORE YOU POST ----> http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?49

We have added some new rules for ETIQUETTE, as well as Rules for sellers, and rules about bumping your own threads, and don't forget to leave iTrader feedback!

I will post a formal announcement later today about the changes.

Agent☣Orange
06-02-2012, 10:01 AM
About iTrader: please make sure to follow through! Buyers and sellers both, take a moment and do it. Sure, it's not the most exciting thing to do during your day but other people rely on it and it is a feature that has been requested many times in other forums and it's not huge burden in exchange for free ad placement.

If we start getting complaints that someone isn't doing their part, it could impede their ability to sell in the future.

iamdallas
08-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Yeah. I'm gonna break out some honesty here. I just look on other forums when I"m browsing whats for sale because I know that I can see recently bumped threads. I'm just looking for deals, nothing specific. I think a lot of people shop on forums that way. But, I don't want the sections to go away. That's super useful when I want to look for something specific.

From over a year ago, Haha.

I like the categories, but an additional option of recents would be amazing. We would get way more traffic, and the threads would be much more active.

WASABI
08-25-2013, 07:13 AM
From over a year ago, Haha.

I like the categories, but an additional option of recents would be amazing. We would get way more traffic, and the threads would be much more active.

I like "recents' as well. It would be nice to have a page, or scrolling banner of most current thumbnails too... you know to pique user interest.

-Jim

morr
08-25-2013, 07:35 AM
I like "recents' as well. It would be nice to have a page, or scrolling banner of most current thumbnails too... you know to pique user interest.

-Jim

You mean like how CL has that option to have image previews? I like that too if that's what you're talking about. I'm not sure how simple that would be to integrate into the forum though...