PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Miata Enthusiasts in Gainesville!

Spinnywhoosh
06-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone out there?

Phatmiata
06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
is that where you are moving to?

I<3flippyheadlights
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM
He is leaving us!

Phatmiata
06-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I r sad :(

Spinnywhoosh
06-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Yuuup, that's where I be goin. So Brooksville is still half way between here n Gville.. I'll finally have some extra money to hav e a rollbar fitted on my car and hard out there for Autocross! I've actually been able to find a bit of a car scene on Gainesville. And for one new Miata owner on Clubroadster, also looking to fit on a rollbar and do some racing.

I was really surprised by how many nice cars are around in Gainesville.. Hell even a small track as well!

Spinnywhoosh
06-19-2012, 01:18 PM
How do I get notifications on this thread btw? Whenev someone posts a reply..

diabeetus
06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
right above your first post, to the right, there is a drop down menu titled "Thread Tools" click there and go down to subscribe.

SteelReign
06-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Yuuup, that's where I be goin. So Brooksville is still half way between here n Gville.. I'll finally have some extra money to hav e a rollbar fitted on my car and hard out there for Autocross! I've actually been able to find a bit of a car scene on Gainesville. And for one new Miata owner on Clubroadster, also looking to fit on a rollbar and do some racing.

I actually decided against the rollbar for now. Its the on-going debate about the safety without a helmet for street use and the likelihood of rear-ending vs rollover.

And hell, I'm looking for the elusive Gainesville Miata enthusiasts too! c'mon, I'm always seening an orange MSM parked at Archer Road Taco Bell and a small pack of miatas driving in the rain a few days ago on Williston Rd...

Spinnywhoosh
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Well once I get the money together I'm gonna do the rollbar cause I wanna hit up the Brookesville Autocross events. + Plus the cool factor, lol.

And yeah, I was driving around Gainesville over the weekend and saw at least 4 Miatas crusin around. I Know they're out there. Got some serious looks by one of em. Are you into the local car meet scene? I heard from a cute girl that does drifting in Gville that there is a car meet every Thursday night around 10:30-11 at the ale house on archer rd. I'm prolly gonna check em out just to try n meet some people. Hopefully it's not just one of those shady ricer meets.

SteelReign
06-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Well once I get the money together I'm gonna do the rollbar cause I wanna hit up the Brookesville Autocross events. + Plus the cool factor, lol.

And yeah, I was driving around Gainesville over the weekend and saw at least 4 Miatas crusin around. I Know they're out there. Got some serious looks by one of em. Are you into the local car meet scene? I heard from a cute girl that does drifting in Gville that there is a car meet every Thursday night around 10:30-11 at the ale house on archer rd. I'm prolly gonna check em out just to try n meet some people. Hopefully it's not just one of those shady ricer meets.

Lol yeah, I hope its not the one I heard about, where they try to drift race you in the Target/Publix parking lot. Don't know of a total car meet, but most take place as certain make or model meets. Just can't believe those Miata guys aren't part of a forum...maybe they're just all good friends that drive the same car.

Anyways, good luck with the move and if you need any info about the area, you know where to find me. Hopefully some more Miata ppl will come out of the woodwork.

Phatmiata
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Start a club up there!! :slayer:

SteelReign
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Start a club up there!! :slayer:

That's not such a bad idea...already have 2 members. We'll just flag down other Miata drivers on the road and press them into membership!

Phatmiata
06-22-2012, 10:27 PM
That's not such a bad idea...already have 2 members. We'll just flag down other Miata drivers on the road and press them into membership!

Or post this same type of thread on other forums and bring them all in! :winky:

Spinnywhoosh
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
HA, just saw the rest of this thread..

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x76/scottsimsa/95%20Miata/facebook_cover1.jpg
And that's what's up!