PDA

View Full Version : Driving with the girlfriends dad

brownmiata
06-17-2012, 10:10 AM
So my girlfriends parents are coming out from florida (:fp:) any ways her dad likes harleys (:fp:) So he wants to rent one and then have me map a drive for me in my "*** car" to ride on and show him.

I live in Irvine on the 405 and jamboree. I dont want to really take freeways as he will get killed cause hes never driven here and people are idiots.

So i was thinking 405 to 133. Very nice road. and then 133 to PCH and then PCH to mulholland/ LA area becuase we need to meet the rest of the fam in hollywood..

This will also give me some nice alone time with my baby:) She hasnt been swerving in a while only drifting latley!

Any suggestions? I cant find a route any where maybe this is too far?

Thanks guys!

kung fu jesus
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Jamboree to Santiago Canyon, left at Cook's Corner onto Live Oak Canyon. Take that all the way to Santa Margarita Pkwy, turn right there.

Turn left onto Antonio.
Take Antonio to Ortega Hwy.
Take Ortega to Lake Elsinore.
Take the 15 south to the 76 east, near Bonsall.
Take the 76 to Mt. Palomar. From there go down the back side.
Come back to the 74 in Escondido and head west to the 5 north.
5 north to OC.
Jump on the PCH in San Clemente.
PCH north to Huntington Beach.
This can take 3 to 6 hours depending on where you stop.

You will hit pretty much every ecosystem in SOCAL, mountains, desert, canyons, grasslands, coast.

brownmiata
06-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Thank you steve!

bokehmon
06-18-2012, 06:38 PM
So my girlfriends parents are coming out from florida (:fp:) any ways her dad likes harleys (:fp:) So he wants to rent one and then have me map a drive for me in my "*** car" to ride on and show him.

I live in Irvine on the 405 and jamboree. I dont want to really take freeways as he will get killed cause hes never driven here and people are idiots.

So i was thinking 405 to 133. Very nice road. and then 133 to PCH and then PCH to mulholland/ LA area becuase we need to meet the rest of the fam in hollywood..

This will also give me some nice alone time with my baby:) She hasnt been swerving in a while only drifting latley!

Any suggestions? I cant find a route any where maybe this is too far?

Thanks guys!

agreed with Steve. You'll probably want to stop at Cook's Corner if he likes Harley bikes.

kung fu jesus
06-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't bother with riding to LA. The heat, traffic and utter bullshit is going to take the excitement away.

Jay is right, you could hit Cook's for a beer, then again at the top of Santiago at the biker cafe before the carousel. Maybe another in Escondido, San Clememte, and Huntington Beach. The point here is to bond with the man, show him a good time, YOU buy him a beer or three, show him some props. Put aside $100 for this drive in case you guys make a night of it or something.

Ham
06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Stone Brewery is in Escondido LOL

kung fu jesus
06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Perfect.

jerjozwik
06-19-2012, 09:49 AM
hell yes! stopped by there after grabbing my hard top.

i need 2 more growlers...

bokehmon
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Stone Brewery is in Escondido LOL

why lol? i brought my Dad there for his birthday... free samplers + tour + freshest beer on tap ever. Amazing garden to boot. Do it.

Ham
06-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Stone Brewery is awesome. I am still flabbergasted that we have something that amazing here within 30 min driving distance!