PDA

View Full Version : Autocross at Sebring anyone?

kabel
06-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Autocross at Sebring anyone?

Sunday June 24, 2101
Sebring International Raceway paddock
$30 Entry fee

The concrete paddock at Sebring international Raceway (between turns 16 - 17) will be the site for the next Martin Sports Car Club (MSCC) Mini-Prix next Sunday June 24!

Cost is $30. We expect at least 4 competition runs and plenty of time for fun runs. The concrete surface provides fantastic grip, and the area we have to work with should provide a challenging and fast autocross course.

Follow the link below to the official MSCC Mini-Prix event information page on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/335367929833024/

NASA is the host organization at Sebring this weekend, they have asked MSCC to manage the autocross event.

See you out there?

Phatmiata
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Im going to try to set this up with them for the All Florida event in October as well. Who is your contact over there with the MSCC organization?

kabel
06-20-2012, 09:49 AM
:8):

Online preregistration for this event closes tonight at 9:00pm

Pre- registration is not required but highly encouraged.

Tips:

• Bring lots of fluids to keep properly hydrated, summer officially starts today!

• Sunscreen is a must. A hat may not be enough, the light color of the concrete paddock reflects the sunlight back up at you, ask me how I know…

• Shade - there is not much shade at Sebring bring a tent or canopy and a way to keep it secure

• Food - The Snack Shack is the only food vendor on site and they are supposed to be open. It is not the cheapest food but it is decent. It is also the closest food for miles. So bring some cash or bring your own food.

Im going to try to set this up with them for the All Florida event in October as well. Who is your contact over there with the MSCC organization?

Randy, you can work on that through me, I am well entrenched in the MSCC family :)

And we are already planning to be there to facilitate the autox at the October event with NASA. I'll pm you about it...

Phatmiata
06-20-2012, 10:14 AM
pm sent, im working on planning out details right now for vendors and such. Let's see if we can get a Miata ONLY AutoX that day so that we can make sure that our folks can AutoX. This would be a great chance for MSCC & NASA to get some potential new members as well!