PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Return to forum from bottom of a thread

IanL
12-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Currently, you have to either...

scroll through the "Quick Navigation" full forum list dropdown OR
hit either of the "Top" buttons and then click the forum name in the heirarchy
... to get back to the forum you were reading. Would be nice if there was a direct link back to the forum, either with a "Go" button on the Quick Nav dropdown, a "Back to Forum" button, or a duplication of the heirarchy at the bottom of a thread.

phillyb
12-28-2011, 05:06 PM
i've seen a drop down menu used on other forums, which should be sufficient.

it's here too!

http://i.imgur.com/QtIsO.png

yeah, just tried it...
it works as soon as you click on it and then click the section.
perhaps a "GO" button right next to the drop down menu would be even a bit better...that way if you want to stay in feedback, you only have to hit "GO" instead of opening the dropdown and clicking on feedback.
one click instead of two.

IanL
12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Correct, and it is somewhat useful. The default behaviour of going to whatever forum you select is good (and I am used to it from other forums), but less useful without a "go to the selected forum" button. Not a huge deal if you were in "Announcements", but scrolling to one of the Regional forums or the Vendors can be tedious. Especially if you click the wrong one.

FooSchnickens
12-28-2011, 10:22 PM
You could also hit the back button in your browser ;)

MazRoadAdmin
12-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Took me a minute to figure out that you were asking for "breadcrumb navigation" at the bottom of the page just like at the top. Once I got there, your request made more sense. I'm generally all about the back button and zinging the scroll wheel, myself... but I do see the value in this.

I think it's a simple template hack... stand by...

IanL
12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Maz... yeah, sorry I did not phrase it better. Back button is great unless you are 10 pages deep in a thread... not so much a problem these days, but as the forum grows it could be.

Thanks again for checking on this, though. :)

MazRoadAdmin
12-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Okay, this is done. It's not quite perfect, as it doesn't handle multiple forum levels, it will only take you to the forum you're in or to the top level. But, at least it's something.

Agent☣Orange
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Good enough. Thank you.