PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Tail

jef
06-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Okay, I got pulled over for my catback 2 times now. First time left go and then two days later I got a ticket :fp:

I put on my stock catback, it's heavenly quiet in my cabin and I fucking hate it. I want something that will look way better than the stock exhaust and give off a little sound.

Sorry if this has been broughten up before, but I couldn't seem to find anything too much about exhaust tails and tips and sound clips of them. Trying to find people that have experience with this.

I was also considering welding on 2-3 feet to make a banger pipe. Any one else have it on their miata?

The Platypus
06-24-2012, 09:55 PM
IMO, the RSR ExMag GTII looks the best. It is pretty loud, and sounds nice.

jef
06-24-2012, 10:07 PM
I had the knock off of that one ;p I agree, it definitely looks and fits the best. I need one a little quieter than that :( I'm looking for 10-20 more dB than stock. Doesn't have to be catback it can be just the tip and I can weld it on the existing pipe. I just can't stand the stock one :l

The Platypus
06-24-2012, 10:11 PM
If it's just the tip I don't think it would be much louder would it?

iRoadster
06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I think he meant to log into ClubRoadster and not here.

jef
06-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Nah, I installed one on my Volvo a few years ago and it didn't do much :l just thought I'd ask. Lol. Maybe I should be a gangsta and ride dirty. The cops in my area are unmerciful.

xjdesertfox
06-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Get a gigantic fucking magnaflow. the 22x11 ones.

jef
06-25-2012, 12:37 AM
:( sorry that i'm a noob.

The Platypus
06-25-2012, 01:01 AM
It's okay.

I<3flippyheadlights
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I say, straight pipe from the headers ending with blast pipes boso style. Then you would be a boss.

But in reality, what is your cat back? 3 inches? If it is, you should just get something smaller. I rock a 2 and 1/2 inch cat back and get a nice mellow sound without drawing attention. (unless I get on it, but at that point I'm speeding)

jef
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I say, straight pipe from the headers ending with blast pipes boso style. Then you would be a boss.

But in reality, what is your cat back? 3 inches? If it is, you should just get something smaller. I rock a 2 and 1/2 inch cat back and get a nice mellow sound without drawing attention. (unless I get on it, but at that point I'm speeding)
Haha, I'll just run open headers for god's sake ;p I had a 4 inch .______. I think that fart can drew the attention of the cop and I was at about 4-5k on top of that so I was screaming...lol.

Where did you buy yours? And how much is the real question :p

I<3flippyheadlights
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM
You were running a 4 inch exhaust on a stock Miata? wtf...

Anyway, I bought mine used from a friend. You need to try and sell yours, then go online and buy something new

jef
07-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Haha yep. It was waayyy too loud. Luckily I sold it to a friend that needed exhaust, so I got rid of it pretty fast. I've been searching and keeping my eyes peeled for a 2-3" exhaust with resonator.

Thanks for the help guys. I will keep you updated if I get anything.

Driftdevil
07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Go buy a 2 1/2" cat back. Anything over that for a stock motor is a waste, will make the car run worse than stock and will be retarded loud.

xjdesertfox
07-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I think he means his tip was 4"

revlimiter
07-02-2012, 07:23 AM
If you want something just slightly louder, any of the Racing Beat Powerpulse exhausts are great. Very nice build quality, decent looking tip, and a straight-thru muffler. Get one with a resonator on the midpipe.

Cops never batted an eye at mine. It was on the level of the stock 350Z exhaust. Noticeable and sporty, but not obnoxious.

Driftdevil
07-02-2012, 08:54 AM
If you want something just slightly louder, any of the Racing Beat Powerpulse exhausts are great. Very nice build quality, decent looking tip, and a straight-thru muffler. Get one with a resonator on the midpipe.

Cops never batted an eye at mine. It was on the level of the stock 350Z exhaust. Noticeable and sporty, but not obnoxious.

+1
They are a little louder than stock but not bad at all.

jux
07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Yup, the Racing Beat parts are just a tad louder than stock. Nice, low tone, too.