PDA

View Full Version : '96 Whitey

blenderblast
06-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I will post up pictures of the car and inside later on tomorrow. I'll try to keep up on this build thread.
It is a white '96 NA with 106,4xx miles. A couple friends saw it on craigslist, the title said it was stuck in reverse, so they go and check it out, put it on stands and in 15 minutes drive it around the block. I then get wind that they bought it and thus, here I am. : )
I have no idea what problems will arise once I start tinkering with it, but hopefully it is minimum.

Problems so far:
Glove box handle is broken off. (of course, right before I go to get the car, I get rid of an extra glove box -__-)
The top leaks right at the part where the top bends [next to your head].
Annoying classic Miata tick (I'll look into it)
Engine light is on.

http://tampabaymiatas.net/forum/download/file.php?id=2636&mode=view
http://tampabaymiatas.net/forum/download/file.php?id=2637&mode=view

Of course, it is the third addition to my collection of Miatas.

I<3flippyheadlights
07-01-2012, 04:16 PM
So she has a leak and a tick. No big deal. You need help man, just ask :D

blenderblast
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Well, I thought the red one had a tick... little did I know haha.

One other problem I forgot is that it needs a manual window regulator on the driver's side.
And it is sitting like a monster truck. seriously.

I<3flippyheadlights
07-01-2012, 04:26 PM
When is the last time it had its oil changed? Flush it a few times and see what happens. Does your driver side window work like my windows? :P

And if its sitting like a monster truck, the shocks must be good! Maybe... probably not... When you are swapping the suspension from green car to white car?

blenderblast
07-01-2012, 05:08 PM
When you crank the window up or down it just sounds like it is cracking and shredding and makes horrific noises. Took the door panel off and of course, the cable is broke.
on the bright side though I can just push the window down if need be and pull it up lol. A/c works super amazing and it blows air pretty hard.

The green one will not dedicate any parts to the white one. The white one will be my trusty, comfortable, working a/c blowing daily...while I work on the green one. I might swap the suspension between the red one and Whitey. I still have not decided. but I will be swapping the tan interior into the white one and put the black interior into the red one before selling it.

I<3flippyheadlights
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I feel you on that. Sturdy solid Miata is awesome. Take the stuff that works off the green one that won't stop the white one from working. I'd stay away from the turbo stuff for a while :P

blenderblast
07-01-2012, 05:59 PM
few more pictures.4129413041314132