PDA

View Full Version : Exedy 1.6 clutch

etikoner
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
In the market for a Exedy 1.6 Stage one clutch for my Miata.

I find them on ebay all day long for 280 shipped with a "Send your best offer" option. Assuming they'd accept atleast a 5% discount I'd be looking at 266 or so for it.

Then I go on our sponsor's sites and see them for 285 plus shipping..
:lol:

Maybe this isn't the right place to post about this but I'd figure I'd give it a shot lol.

Exedy 1.6 Stage one Clutch kit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT-ORGANIC-STAGE-1-FITS-90-93-MAZDA-MIATA-/270919469979?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f140f0b9b&vxp=mtr)

For those wondering, I plan on running it with an F1 Racing 1.6 chromoly flywheel in my 1.8 block with a 99 head

kung fu jesus
07-06-2012, 06:52 AM
I run the F1 clutch and flywheel. The clutch design is very similar in design to the Exedy. The pedal is light and now that I have about 1k miles on it, it feels very nice. I switched from an ACT extreme. The flywheel is a nice piece. The biggest issue was the center bore for the pilot bearing. It will need to be enlargened with emory. John from 949 Racing helped me and he probably worked that bore by hand for about 45 minutes. It looked micro polished by the time he was done. :) I like the F1 flywheel more than the 7-8# Fidanza it replaced. There is now a LOT less gear lash with no discernable drop in performance. If anything, the slightly heavier F1 flywheel is easier to drive in traffic. It is also chromoly and it puts my mind at ease over the aluminum Fidanza. No more concerns about it coming apart and shearing off my legs. ;)

The engine you are putting it should top out around 140bhp, tuned decently, so the stage one clutch should hold up pretty good. If you plan to add power, go with a heavier clutch.

etikoner
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on that!

Someone local to me here is doing basically what you had but back wards on his NA Miata with an NB2 engine.

Fidanza #7 Flywheel with the Exedy stage one 1.6 - All in all it comes out to around 17lbs iirc.

You hit the pin on the nose with your hp output guess. that's basically what I'm shooting for once it's all said and done.
I'm having the ex-intake cam swap being done and my builder is doing some porting and nice work for my engine, I hope to get pics in when he does so :)

Hopefully a sponsor takes notice of this thread and hooks me up with a great price hahah

:D

etikoner
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Just thought I'd chime in hear and say that I went ahead and bought a BNIB Clutch Masters From the classifieds.
http://mazdaroadster.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4484&d=1343096067

It's a ClutchMasters stage II kit for the 1.6 Miata/

Should hold 250tq

FX200 (Stage II)
· Extra long life street system
· Holding capacity 70% over stock
· Heavy-Duty reinforced pressure plate
· Hi-Leverage™ pressure ring design
· Sprung hub/cushioned disc
· Steel backed Carbon Kevlar friction material
All Clutch Masters clutch kits come complete with:
Pressure Plate
Clutch Disc
Throw-out Bearing (when applicable)
Pilot Bearing or Bushing (when applicable)
Alignment Tool

Can't wait to get it and weigh my full set-up!