PDA

View Full Version : All Florida Miata Meeting info.....

Phatmiata
07-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Some people at the local meeting asked me about the All Florida Miata Meeting as well as some folks online, so here is where we are right now.....

As some of you know last year we lost the "Hooters" parking lot in Lakeland, FL because they built another restaurant there. This was a great location because it was central to everyone in the state, the parking lot can fit 300+ cars, and they have food right there! And as you guys know we like to make these events FREE to the Miata folks.

So last year in October we had a "trial" run at the Sebring raceway that was very promising, this happened to be free as well. This was going to be the NEW spot, however this year they are stating we can no longer enter the track for free. (We got in free last year under NASA's wing). And they informed me they WON'T have time for the "spirited" parade laps anymore on the track like last time, and they would have to approve any vendors attending. :cry: They are however offering a $75 course that will have you on the track for 20 minutes or so. If you still want to do that please go to the NASA website. Right now we are still trying to find a new location in Central Florida to host the next all Florida Miata Meet.

In the meantime we set up a website and facebook page, (not much there yet), but please "LIKE" the facebook page so that we can keep everyone updated as we get closer to ironing something out. Our goal is to keep this event FREE or very inexpensive for everyone and have it at a central location for everyone in Florida.

The Facebook page is here; http://www.facebook.com/Miatapalooza please feel free to post up your photos of past events!

Thank you all for your patience.

The Driver
07-13-2012, 08:17 PM
"Liked" it. Now I need to figure out how to make it from "Okieworld" to Disney World...

Phatmiata
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
You still have roots here bro, next time you are in town we need to have a "driver" meeting your first beer is on me! :drink:

The Driver
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
You still have roots here bro, next time you are in town we need to have a "driver" meeting your first beer is on me! :drink:

I thought Toolman told you, will be in Tampa from Sept 1st, til the 8th. I will be @ the Tampa Bay Miatas club meeting, so choose a wise location... ;)

Mmmm, beeeer!!!

Phatmiata
07-13-2012, 09:08 PM
you bet

Joker
07-13-2012, 09:31 PM
you bet

Mons
-------

Nice to know you got the ball rolling Randy! Keep it up!

The Driver
07-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Mons
-------

Nice to know you got the ball rolling Randy! Keep it up!
Mmmm no?

I<3flippyheadlights
07-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Mons is for losers, all about 2001.

The Driver
07-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Mons is for losers, all about 2001.

Not everybody likes that "flying saucer"...

afc2112
07-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Is the Quaker State and Lube on 49th St big enough to hold the event? They have pretty big car gatherings there that spills over to the hotel next door.

The only downside is they usually have big car gatherings/shows, so we'll be at their mercy in terms of scheduling.

The Driver
07-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Not that my vote amounts to anything, but a location like Ft. Desoto Park, or something like that on the East Coast would be fantastic and FAIRLY inexpensive...

afc2112
07-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I've had many members tell me they really liked the Fort DeSoto event. It's no Sebring, but still good nonetheless.

I'm down for something like that on the East Coast. (And failing that, FDS will always suffice)

The Driver
07-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I've had many members tell me they really liked the Fort DeSoto event. It's no Sebring, but still good nonetheless.

I'm down for something like that on the East Coast. (And failing that, FDS will always suffice)

Of course the loved Ft. Soto, where else could you see a ''Rican Redneck" effing off his Jeep...

But seriously, PLENTY of parking, great views, awesome spots for photo shooting, I mean what is not to like?

Phatmiata
07-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm still working on some stuff, but I won't have anything confirmed until later this year.

The Driver
07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm still working on some stuff, but I won't have anything confirmed until later this year.

Mmm, mad scientist in his lab...

:burnout:

Thumper13
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
We're working on a thing or two for October over our side...East Coast. Kind of short notice to get vendors involved but we are going to give it a shot. Plans should come together in a week. I would like to have it somewhere between Merritt Island and Vero Beach. Hopefully we can get the Miami crew as well as Tampa and Orlando to come out.

There will also be things coming out for a Spring 2013 Mazda meet shortly.

SM16RMSM
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I want to throw in a option, since my family are members, and well, my grandfather was Potentate (fancy way of saying president) in 1992. There is the Bahia Shrine of Central Florida. They have a nice big piece of property and I wandering if we could do a meet here. I !!!!!think!!!!! I could get them to let us use the property and such. BUT it would be strict rules in place since this place is a charity. Like no skid marks, no burnouts, that sort of stuff. For food, we would have to come up of a way to have a catering company come out for food, like O Boys BBQ or something. There is a big outside eating area with shade and what not. You can see it in the area photo, it looks like a building behind the main building. Also, I think we could help the Shrine by donating to the Shriner Hospital for Children. "All Shriners are Masons and have chosen to support our Shriners Hospital system in addition to the other Charities that Masons support" and I think we could arrange something. I pretty positive they will let me use the property for free if we could come up with something. It is all located right off I-4 in Maitland. The website is bahiashrine.org. You can see parking all around the building and we could double stack car so we could fit more too.

Phatmiata
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
good ideas, keep them coming!

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-18-2012, 09:48 PM
i there a location set in stone yet?

SM16RMSM
07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
nothing set in stone just yet, still trying to figure something out.

AHHthatsJDMyo
07-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Alright. I'll keep an eye out for a possible location.

Thumper13
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
OK boys and girls,we are getting real close to announcing some plans that may still include Sebring. Stay tuned for details

Phatmiata
07-26-2012, 10:45 AM
OK boys and girls,we are getting real close to announcing some plans that may still include Sebring. Stay tuned for details

Make sure to start a NEW thread that has the event info here so that folks don't get lost in the clutter of this thread, I will lock this one up whenever you want, just PM me bro!

Agent☣Orange
07-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Good point. A lot of people here depending on nailing down date and location, especially when they're making plans from another country.

Phatmiata
07-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Locking this thread per "Thumper13's" request, a new thread with details is coming very soon. stay tuned for updates here on MazdaRoadster!