PDA

View Full Version : help with ideas for custom hood

SpeedWorks
07-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Just as the title says.

Give me some feedback and pics or drawings or anything for ideas for a custom NA hood, possibly for my project.

I was initially thinking about running the gt300 hood from Chaser, but looks like their site is down and no answer on the phone, so not sure if they finally went under or what. I know Chaser doesn't have the best rep, but that hood was nice in my opinion.

So now that I need to go a different route, any ideas or suggestions? I've looked at various FD RX7 hood for inspiration, but nothing really hits me. The Chaser hood was actually based on an FD RX7 hood, so I guess thats why it looks so good.

Help me out guys

kung fu jesus
07-14-2012, 01:05 PM
While not as, I dunno, over the top, Rogue makes custom hoods by grafting larger bulges on them and making louvers in the metal using a tool and die. He is in the Dallas area, though.

SpeedWorks
07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
That sounds cool, but i'm leaning towards something a little more aggressive. I really like the chaser hood, but doesn't look like it'll be available. For a subtle look, I like the RX7 Feed hood but don't know if I can pull off that look on a miata hood.

Any other suggestions?

grinder
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM
how about this?
http://shop.autokonexion.com/Miata-Fiberglass-Heat-Extractor-FGHOODEXTRACTOR.htm

DK Wolf
07-15-2012, 05:25 PM
You shooting for looks or function? The FD hood looks absolutely awesome on an NB.. not so much on an NA though. =\

Shame

SpeedWorks
07-18-2012, 11:08 PM
how about this?
http://shop.autokonexion.com/Miata-Fiberglass-Heat-Extractor-FGHOODEXTRACTOR.htm

Thanks for that suggestion, but not the style I'm looking for.

You shooting for looks or function? The FD hood looks absolutely awesome on an NB.. not so much on an NA though. =\
Shame

Looking for a hood that maybe functions well, but its got to look good.

I think I might have found the hood I'm gonna run with, so thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep the hood a secret until I can actually get it here.

Thanks
Alex