PDA

View Full Version : Miata's at the Sandhills

blackdbl9NB
07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Well, I got the call I have been waiting for since March. My wife and I will be participating in the Sandhills Open Road Challenge in Arnold NE. For a little info on the race click the link below.

http://www.sorcrace.com/

I navigated in this race 2 years ago for a friend of mine in the 90 MPH class. On the Wednesday before the race the car we were going to drive dropped a valve guide and took out the engine. We found a spare motor in Cozad NE and swapped it in that night. We went on to win our class that year.

This time out, my former driver is going back to his navigating duties in a Corvette. My wife will be navigating with me in the 90 MPH class and we will be driving her 1999 Miata. We will also be running the Shootout in the half mile, in my black 99 with a 75 shot of nitrous.

My mind has been spinning since Tuesday when we got the call, now come car prep and getting to the race. I will update more as we get closer.

blackdbl9NB
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Ok so a brief update. We have decided not to take 2 cars down. Its just going to be too much money. Changes to the red Miata to come, Oil change and brake fluid change, new pads and getting the car set up for the hard top. This will happen this weekend.