PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor spark plug wires, worthwhile upgrade on a '93?

ritch32
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Are they a good upgrade for my 1993 Miata?

The Driver
07-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Dude, how about introducing yourself in the "intro section"...

But to anwer your question, a good set of NGK blues, which go for about $40 is all you need!

Welcome, to MR.net!

concealer404
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Is there a reason you need/want a spark plug upgrade?

Winlowe
07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Welcome to MR forum don't know about upgrade but I like the NJK's

SM16RMSM
07-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Wrong place to ask a question. LOL. But welcome aboard. I ended up running Magnecor on my MSM and my Spec Miata. They are a great wire but pricy. I good set of NGK will work, but I didn't like the blue with a red MSM so I ended up with Magnecor.

Agent☣Orange
07-29-2012, 10:29 PM
This thread doesn't belong in Member Intro so I moved it to NA

kung fu jesus
07-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the board!

Nah, I don't think they are worth it, unless you run a setup that needs it like a turbo or supercharger or high compression. The NGK blues are solid wires for the money. NGK Iridiums for plugs.

Chops
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, on a stock motor, even with a header, full exhaust and intake, the Magnecor wires do nothing but thin out your wallet. I only have them on my car because my friend was parting out his '95 and sold his fairly new ones to me cheap.

And yeah, I know this is a somewhat old thread by now. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents anyway.

revlimiter
08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I've had misfire with Magnecor wires on Sharka in the past. Swapping them out for new NGK blues fixed things up.

This has happened to me on two different and completely unrelated vehicles. I'm no longer a fan of Magnecor.

Chops
08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I've had misfire with Magnecor wires on Sharka in the past. Swapping them out for new NGK blues fixed things up.

This has happened to me on two different and completely unrelated vehicles. I'm no longer a fan of Magnecor.

I wonder if that's what happening with me.

Two different times in the last couple of weeks, my car won't start on the first try, like there's no fuel. After a second try, it fires up, but idles rough as hell for a bit, having to keep my foot on the throttle to keep it running. Hmm...