PDA

View Full Version : 94 Miata w/ only 4,624 miles

Phatmiata
08-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Here is a super low mileage NA up for grabs in Kansas! Asking price from this Mazda Dealership is $15,995

http://www.overlandparkmazda.com/1994-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-M-EDITION-Overland-Park-KS/vd/9921010

tsingson
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow.....

The Driver
08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Wow! The one and only red M Edition for 1994!!! :joke:

But seriously, that PEP car with those miles in any other color than RED, and I may buckle... Overland Park is just outside of Kansas City and roughly three hours from me!

NAautoxer
08-09-2012, 11:37 AM
that's a "B" package.. PEP wasn't available in 94..

The Driver
08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
that's a "B" package.. PEP wasn't available in 94..

Whatever, cruise + electric antenna = torsen.

Red Miata = not for this guy!

Phatmiata
08-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Holding out for another Merlot? Or staying with the Montego you have? Hypothetical, if you had the mula, greenbacks, what have you......

concealer404
08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Honestly... i'm finding $13k a pretty reasonable price for that, and if i didn't already have my MSM....

The only thing is that red is HANDS DOWN my LEAST favorite color on a car.

The Driver
08-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Holding out for another Merlot? Or staying with the Montego you have? Hypothetical, if you had the mula, greenbacks, what have you......
No more Merlot and keeping the Montego, but if I see a CLEAN Laguna Blue with leather; or a low miles NA8 with a factory torsen I know I'll do something foolish...

Honestly... i'm finding $13k a pretty reasonable price for that, and if i didn't already have my NA....

The only thing is that red is HANDS DOWN my LEAST favorite color on a car.

Agreed, and agreed.

tsingson
08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Agreed, and agreed.

I'll second that..

RotorNutFD3S
08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I guess I'm on the other side, I wouldn't pay $13k for a stock '94 now, regardless of the mileage or condition. There are still very clean examples out there for much less. Of course, this is coming from a guy who likes to heavily modify these cars, so a purchase such as this wouldn't make much sense in my case anyway. $13k would be more than I need for a clean, well-assembled turbo Miata or very close to putting myself into a well-done turnkey V8 NA/NB/FD.

The Driver
08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I guess I'm on the other side, I wouldn't pay $13k for a stock '94 now, regardless of the mileage or condition. There are still very clean examples out there for much less. Of course, this is coming from a guy who likes to heavily modify these cars, so a purchase such as this wouldn't make much sense in my case anyway. $13k would be more than I need for a clean, well-assembled turbo Miata or very close to putting myself into a well-done turnkey V8 NA/NB/FD.

Where?

But seriously, it's just like anything. If one wants a "virtually new" NA nowadays, you can go cheap and wait for forever, or you can reach into your pocket and play.

PS: I too would modify such a car, I just wouln't go "Phat modify" on it...

Phatmiata
08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
...... I just wouln't go "Phat modify" on it...

MODIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/6R5B-z5h15Y/0.jpg

RotorNutFD3S
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Where what? Where are clean NAs? There are many selling for around $3.5-5k in GA and surrounding states, no waiting involved (IDK about the rest of the country). I wouldn't rate them quite as clean as this 4.5k-mile NA (obviously), but they're straight-bodied, rust-free, and well cared for inside and out. Stealing your phrase here, if I'm going to reach into my pocket and play I want a heck of a lot more to play with than a completely stock NA for $13k of my money. I would not feel that I got my money's worth for this one, but obviously each person will value these cars and their worth differently.

The Driver
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
MODIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/6R5B-z5h15Y/0.jpg
Boss, you need help...

I would not feel that I got my money's worth for this one, but obviously each person will value these cars and their worth differently.

Agreed.

Soledad
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I suppose if I were a super nerd collector I'd buy it, but for that kind of money I'd pursue the only Sunburst Yellow made in 1991. Or even better, Mazda produced six Miata "color" cars in 1990. Three were A package cars and three had B packages, all with air conditioning. The colors were:

Raspberry Metallic
Medium Blue
Yellow Metallic
Teal Green Metallic
Light Green Metallic
Orange ("Sunkist")

On the window sticker, in the block "Color of Your New Mazda" it says "Various Test Colors". All six cars have an "X" for the color code. The MSRP on Sunkist was $15,999.00 for an A package with air conditioning.

These six cars were removed from the assembly line and painted at the factory. The cars were painted completely so that the color is under the hood, inside the trunk and under the carpets. They were not painted some other color first. They were returned to the assembly line for completion and then shipped to the Mazda design studio in Irvine, California. The Irvine Design Center used them to evaluate new colors for future Miatas and MX-3s.

Sunkist (the orange car) spent some 14 months at the Design Center and accumulated about 1,400 miles. She was slightly damaged on the left rear fender; it was fixed and the fender repainted. Bob Hall and Mark Jordan recalled the damage but couldn't remember what caused it or how bad it was.

When they were finished with the cars, the Design Center offered them for sale to employees, and most were bought by employees or their friends

The Driver
08-09-2012, 03:32 PM
^ That sunkist was owned (and totalled) by my dear friend Skip Cannon. It is currently for sale for $29K smackers.

Soledad
08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Skip Cannon, huh? The inventor of the Cannon Brace, to boot. Interesting.

In any event, I'm sure that Miata was molested all kinds of ways before went up for sale for that much. That's kind of a shame.

The Driver
08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Skip Cannon, huh? The inventor of the Cannon Brace, to boot. Interesting.

In any event, I'm sure that Miata was molested all kinds of ways before went up for sale for that much. That's kind of a shame.

The one and only. He still has the protoype Cannon brace hanging in his garage.

Soledad
08-09-2012, 05:33 PM
That's pretty awesome.

NAautoxer
08-10-2012, 04:41 AM
the 91 Sunburst just recently changed hands and is in Virginia..

the rest of the color cars kind of went on anonymously. the blue one is known, as is the yellow one.. i want the stupid green one.. those are the only ones that should REALLY be worth coin. i think the 91 sunburst sold for 15k.. so not too bad. sunkist has a v8 in it now, i think..

i argued over collectabilty of miatas with a friends of mine for a while. i told him the 02 club sports would be extremely valueable. he has no clue what they were or that they even existed...

The Driver
08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
the 91 Sunburst just recently changed hands and is in Virginia..

the rest of the color cars kind of went on anonymously. the blue one is known, as is the yellow one.. i want the stupid green one.. those are the only ones that should REALLY be worth coin. i think the 91 sunburst sold for 15k.. so not too bad. sunkist has a v8 in it now, i think..

i argued over collectabilty of miatas with a friends of mine for a while. i told him the 02 club sports would be extremely valueable. he has no clue what they were or that they even existed...

Prof Tom, a moderator @ M.net bought the 91 Sunburst a little over two years ago. He paid the original sticker price + $1. It came to a little over $20K. That and his Laguna blue R, are his favorites.

NAautoxer
08-10-2012, 02:53 PM
"Prof tom" lives in VA..

tsingson
08-10-2012, 03:38 PM
it's always the enthusiasts that know....If I had the cash, I would've loved to let me my NB sit and not collect any miles.

The Driver
08-10-2012, 03:38 PM
"Prof tom" lives in VA..

Correct. The purchase was not recent, two years+ is a fairly long time.

Soledad
08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
"Prof tom" lives in VA..

Nope. Prof. Tom lives in my old stomping grounds- Southern Md. Until recently, he lived out in Mineral, which is not too far from my neck of the woods.