PDA

View Full Version : Next Gearhead Dawn Patrol Run - August 25th

minuteman048
08-11-2012, 02:12 PM
We meet and leave at dawn early on Saturday morning and drive the best remote back roads in the area between Port Charlotte and Sebring. We meet at 6:00 AM and drive out to the Sebring RaceTrack and have breakfast at the airport diner right next to the track. The we hang out at the track for a while to see what is going on and then we head back. Everyone that has rode with us has had a blast. If you hoot with the owls at night you can't soar with the Gearheads in the morning.

Meet at the 7 Eleven off of I-75 exit 170 at 6:00 AM. We don't reveal the route to keep it secure.

http://youtu.be/2YPm65eYVZ4

We usually have 7-10 MX5's cruise with us.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/gearheadsmiataclub/Dawn%20Patrol/sebring.jpg

Thumper13
08-11-2012, 04:29 PM
This seniorized juvenile delinquent will make the August run. One last drive on the rock hard old 615's before the new RE 11's go on.

Thumper13
08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Update on the Dawn Patrol. Now while this run is much shorter than the Damn Diner Run , it certainly has challenges that did surprise me. My new RE 11's were on and my group leader,the Snoopy himself,Minuteman with his newly shod Yoko Advan 08's. Our goal was to find the limits of our tires. We didn't but we sure as hell tried to.

Thanks Bernie for a great morning.

Agent☣Orange
08-28-2012, 08:45 AM
You can't really test the limits of RE11s at 30mph.

SM16RMSM
08-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I bet at 30, thumper is screaming "SLOW DOWN THERE HORSY!"

I want to do a Damn Diner Run.

Thumper13
08-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I bet at 30, thumper is screaming "SLOW DOWN THERE HORSY!"

I want to do a Damn Diner Run.

No.it was my car screaming......you want me to do WHAT !!! at this speed !!!! You're out of your effing mind !!!!,as we went through some 90* turns with a suggested 10 mph speed limit. Minuteman could hear me laughing over the sound of my exhaust as I went blasting around the corner in 2 nd gear as the rev limiter started to choke. Most of you have never heard my exhaust so you just can't relate.

It will be my honor to lead you guys on a Kamikaze version of the Diner Run, Bernie has only seen the warm up run ( 80 mph). F86 and I have hit the rev limiter in 5th gear more than once. :fp: I envy F86,he had his wife with him and I can just imagine her cheering him on to go faster. My wife would just chop off my nuts.

SM16RMSM
08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Ya, your exhaust is so quiet. I can imagine.

f86sabjf
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Yep I'm fortunate she likes speed. Our second date she saw 180mph on a motorcylcle some 19yrs ago. when I turned around and she was grinning and not pissed that sealed the deal for me

minuteman048
08-29-2012, 06:01 PM
No.it was my car screaming......you want me to do WHAT !!! at this speed !!!! You're out of your effing mind !!!!,as we went through some 90* turns with a suggested 10 mph speed limit. Minuteman could hear me laughing over the sound of my exhaust as I went blasting around the corner in 2 nd gear as the rev limiter started to choke. Most of you have never heard my exhaust so you just can't relate.

It will be my honor to lead you guys on a Kamikaze version of the Diner Run, Bernie has only seen the warm up run ( 80 mph). F86 and I have hit the rev limiter in 5th gear more than once. :fp: I envy F86,he had his wife with him and I can just imagine her cheering him on to go faster. My wife would just chop off my nuts.

OK, now that we have had an independent commentary on the Dawn Patrol run, any of you guys that want to soar with us eagles early on a Saturday morning are welcome. Been on a Dam Diner run and I like it just fine. Dawn Patrol you're less likely to run into LE and other traffic but more likely to hit a goat or a pig. And there is a straight section where you can try to redline the tach in 5th or 6th gear. Best part is there is a great breakfast waiting for you by the Sebring Racetrack at the end of the run.

Thumper13
08-29-2012, 07:33 PM
OK, now that we have had an independent commentary on the Dawn Patrol run, any of you guys that want to soar with us eagles early on a Saturday morning are welcome. Been on a Dam Diner run and I like it just fine. Dawn Patrol you're less likely to run into LE and other traffic but more likely to hit a goat or a pig. And there is a straight section where you can try to redline the tach in 5th or 6th gear. Best part is there is a great breakfast waiting for you by the Sebring Racetrack at the end of the run.

Or a BIG fucking bird !! L.O.L.

minuteman048
08-30-2012, 05:10 AM
Or a BIG fucking bird !! L.O.L.

Yeah and that too. Had to actually peel the feathers off my windshield. Hit any harder it would have come through it. Bird had to be at least 3 lbs!

Boris
08-30-2012, 05:26 AM
So when's the next one ?
I have a new set of all season tires that have way too much tread on them.

So, what happened to the bird leftovers ?
Anyone playing Injin ??

minuteman048
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
So when's the next one ?
I have a new set of all season tires that have way too much tread on them.

So, what happened to the bird leftovers ?
Anyone playing Injin ??

Geez you found your way over here too. We'll discuss the next Dawn Patrol date at next Tuesdays meet. At least 4 of us are going to Boone.

The bird ricocheted a good 50' in the air according to Donjose who was behind me. Don't know where it landed but you can go look for it if you want and I will give you the coordinates. This was a heron or ibis, maybe. I left the feathers on there all the way home so I would not be accused of a hit and run because of blood and guts on windsheld.

Can only play injun with eagle feathers.

Thumper13
08-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Can only play injun with eagle feathers.

Please don't tell Yata that,he'll be so disappointed. You know he wears that Yellow Big Bird boa around his head and yells I am Geronimo white fuckers and I'll keel you with my tommy hawk ! Then we get him to take his meds and all is well.

Boris
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Geez you found your way over here too.

I got here before that other place.
Much more relaxed over here and a lot less censorship. Hell, even the top posters from over there post more here.

Thumper13
08-31-2012, 05:47 AM
Yep I'm fortunate she likes speed. Our second date she saw 180mph on a motorcylcle some 19yrs ago. when I turned around and she was grinning and not pissed that sealed the deal for me

Ready for another Diner run ?

f86sabjf
08-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Not right now . To many things going on . Have fun