PDA

View Full Version : Answered JDM Work Ewing III Worth?

iRoadster
09-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Thought I'd make a feeler for my Work wheels. I'm wondering what I could get for them at the moment.
They are the Ewing III's (2 piece)
These things are pretty rare even more so with the 4x100 bolt pattern.
15x6.5 +26 and 15x7 +28 currently wearing Falken Azenis RT 615's with some amount of tread left.
These wheels are pretty old and have led a hard life but still look pretty decent. Would look freakin' badass with a proper refurbishing.
The only other Miata I've seen these kind of wheels on was Steve Lutz's car before I bought them from him.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh279/iRoadster/My%20Photography/Cars/P1070084.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh279/iRoadster/My%20Photography/Cars/P1070546.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh279/iRoadster/My%20Photography/Cars/P1070545.jpg

I've been getting that itch again recently for some 14" RPF1's, or Flyin92's Wats…

iRoadster
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Any guesses? Just throw 'em out. Don't be shy.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
They are pretty badass. How much do they weight?
Are you looking for a trade or trade with cash? Those things would help to know.

etikoner
09-10-2012, 06:19 PM
I'd venture to say anywhere from 400- 600 depending on you. With tires, no tires, shipping, trades? The lips look a little rough. The wheels are really dope, if they were a square set-up it'd probably bring in a lot more buyers.

I'd totally rock these, for the record.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna with that price also. Hell I'm interested in them actually. They are very cool.

tanakapz
09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
i think they're worth a significant amount more than 400-600. list them up on a honda specific website and i guarantee they'd sell pretty fast. nwp4life and honda-tech come to mind.

i'd start bidding at 1000 and come down from there. for the right buyer, looking for period correct wheels, they're money.

iamdallas
09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
If they were 8 or 9 inch wide I'd trade my Wats for them. I'd say they are easily worth a grand without tires.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-10-2012, 11:15 PM
See, i don't think they are worth a grand without wheels. You are seeing Work, SSR, wats for around or a little above a grand. These are older, a bit beat up and not so desirable size/offset. (very cool none the less) They are by no means bad wheels. But if I had a grand to spend on wheels, it would be something else.

tanakapz
09-11-2012, 12:28 AM
miata guys don't really see the value, honda guys die for these though. they're really popular wheels on CRXs or EF9s. they're in honda sizing and offset too.

iRoadster
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
So I'm seeing 400 all the way to 1000 without tires? Wow, now that is a large range.
I don't know that they're worth $1000 without tires, maybe if they had the center caps and were in better shape.
I totally see the point of selling them to Honda peeps, they do seem to love these wheels and they're sized for them as well.
I was thinking about doing a craigslist ad for $800 with the tires. Think that's fair?
I'm open to trades, though nobody I've asked so far has wanted to take them on trade with cash on top.
They aren't the lightest wheel in the world, they're much more along the lines of style over performance. They're a little over 14 lbs.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them at the moment, I may end up just keeping them, I don't know.
If I do part with them I'm going to leave the tires on since they're still quite usable. Shipping also wouldn't be out of the question, but that would be more up to the prospective buyer.

Cheers for all the help.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
These things are very cool, I think 800 is a good starting point with tires. I wish they were a bit lighter, I would be all over them. But if you wanna trade, I got some 15x8 OG sans that are cast iron bricks :P

iRoadster
09-11-2012, 04:50 PM
35 days of membership before I can make a for sale ad on nwp4life? Grrrr...:angry:

Phatmiata
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I think your thread title HERE should tell what kind of rims they are, you might get some more serious buyers, (maybe even hits from Google searches). The current title will only attract trolling from folks that think this is a joke, just my .02 cents. :whistle:

Not sure if you can change your title or not, but if you need help changing it just PM me or one of the mods.

tanakapz
09-11-2012, 06:39 PM
So I'm seeing 400 all the way to 1000 without tires? Wow, now that is a large range.
I don't know that they're worth $1000 without tires, maybe if they had the center caps and were in better shape.
I totally see the point of selling them to Honda peeps, they do seem to love these wheels and they're sized for them as well.
I was thinking about doing a craigslist ad for $800 with the tires. Think that's fair?
I'm open to trades, though nobody I've asked so far has wanted to take them on trade with cash on top.
They aren't the lightest wheel in the world, they're much more along the lines of style over performance. They're a little over 14 lbs.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them at the moment, I may end up just keeping them, I don't know.
If I do part with them I'm going to leave the tires on since they're still quite usable. Shipping also wouldn't be out of the question, but that would be more up to the prospective buyer.

Cheers for all the help.

If i knew you in person I'd post for you on nwp4life : /. If you're not in a rush, list em at 1000 on honda-tech. For a wheel that old, they are in pretty good condition, with the exception of the one curb.

Go down from there, but whatever you do, i'd hold firm at 600 at the very lowest. I guarantee you can get a buyer for at least that much. (This is all considering you have the tires on them).

Since there's not much supply, as these wheels are pretty old and rare, the value is really up to what a prospective buyer is willing to pay. Start high, bring it down if you're not in a rush, imo.

GLWS!

iRoadster
09-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I think your thread title HERE should tell what kind of rims they are, you might get some more serious buyers, (maybe even hits from Google searches). The current title will only attract trolling from folks that think this is a joke, just my .02 cents. :whistle:

Not sure if you can change your title or not, but if you need help changing it just PM me or one of the mods.

Seems to be working fine so far, but I see what you're saying.:bow: I wasn't being very serious with the title.

If i knew you in person I'd post for you on nwp4life : /. If you're not in a rush, list em at 1000 on honda-tech. For a wheel that old, they are in pretty good condition, with the exception of the one curb.

Go down from there, but whatever you do, i'd hold firm at 600 at the very lowest. I guarantee you can get a buyer for at least that much. (This is all considering you have the tires on them).

Since there's not much supply, as these wheels are pretty old and rare, the value is really up to what a prospective buyer is willing to pay. Start high, bring it down if you're not in a rush, imo.

GLWS!

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. And no, I'm not in any kind of rush at all. Though I'm a little hesitant to post on honda-tech.
As much as I'd like to find a set of center caps and get them professionally refurbished, I don't see that happening any time soon.
All four wheels have small imperfections, but you can't really tell unless you're up close looking at them. They look great from 10 feet.
They all still have their sizing stickers on the inside of the wheels, but a couple of them are peeling.
I do wish I knew more about these things, like when there were made. They still look as good if not better than when I first got them.
The center star looks like it's been repainted once or twice and parts of the lips look to have been repaired at some point, but by who I have no idea.
I'll have to take some more close up flicks of all of them tomorrow.

I<3flippyheadlights
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Why do I want these so bad?

iRoadster
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Have you been drinking?:teehee::drink:

I<3flippyheadlights
09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
No, I just like wheels too much