PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to remove "water spots" from the rear view mirror?

tsingson
09-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Just like the thread title states. I have these "water spots" on my side view mirrors and they won't go away. I have just tried using invisible glass to no avail. Any ideas guys? I tried searching with the terms "water, spots, mirror" but nothing came up.

The Driver
09-28-2012, 09:53 AM
If you clay bar your car, don't get rid of the "used" and "dirty" clay. I clean my car lenses and glass with it. Just spray water like crazy. It will be gently abrassive for just about anything, that is not painted.

tsingson
09-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Ok I will try that. I have heard about people using Vinegar?

Impuls
09-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I agree with the claybar.
I would use detailing spay tho. Microfiber towels at first if nothing, maybe get a razor and see if you can scrap it off?(You may damage mirror tho)

If anything replace with better mirrors :D

revlimiter
09-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Fine steel wool might help. MIGHT. I'd try it on a sacrificial piece of glass first.

Newspaper might work. Wet newspaper (black and white, not a colored page) is a great window cleaner. For real. Those homeless guys aren't that crazy.

You can acid-wash a car that's sat under sprinklers for ages and developed water spots. Dealers do it all the time. I don't know exactly what they use, probably something like strong vinegar, but you could try googling for that. All I remember is that you don't leave it on the paint too long.

tsingson
09-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I will give it a try when I get home tonight.

Impuls
09-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Best of luck to you, Having a black miata, those cursed water marks are my arch foe. :angry:

jnshk
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.duragloss.com/8-oz.---Duragloss-NG-%28Glass-Water-Spot-Remover%29

:8):

wannafbody
09-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Zaino or Duragloss glass polish